Best deals on making a Kegerator????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EcuPirate07

Beer is a food group
Reaction score
I want to set up a kegerator and start kegging my brews, I was wondering who has the best deals on like tower kegerator converstion kits and korny kegs. I already have a mini fridge that I can use. So I guess those would be the only two peices I would need, right?? (Already have a hole saw)

Thanks in advance.....

I am assuming you have already searched the thousands of posts about kegerator mini fridge builds.
Try not to buy the cheapest kit you see. You can save money by looking for a local fire safety store, they usually have co2 tanks, converted extinguisers, for way less than new retail and their fill prices are usually better, too. Get a 10 or 20lb tank, don't bother with a 2.5 or 5 lb. Buy a decent 2 gauge regulator, that has a low enough reading so you can read 12lbs easy enough, and get one that has check valves in the shutoffs.
Not all towers and faucets are created equal. Look around. Forward sealing faucets are nice but you can get by with faucet plugs/caps to keep them from sticking.
Look for corny kegs locally on craigslist, or look here in the classified section, there are a few folks selling cornies at very reasonable prices, I just got 4 from insco2.
Get enough 3/16" ID beverage tube to have 8 or 10' for each tap. You don't want a 5' line.
-Ben

+1 on cornies from insco (i just got 4) and 8' of 3/16" beer line.

also... call around to your local welding supply places for prices on renting/leasing co2 tanks. i rent my 20# tank for $7.50 per month. fills are only $15.

also... call around to your local welding supply places for prices on renting/leasing co2 tanks. i rent my 20# tank for $7.50 per month. fills are only $15.

A few years back when I was doing my Senior Project for college we called a local distributor (coke I think) and they gave us a full 20# tank to use. Now I have inherited it! Maybe you could try that? I think they were going to get rid of it anyways because it was heavy steel and was a few years out of certification so maybe you can find a place getting rid of an old one?

insco2 has more cornies, just no more loose end ones, the normal ones are still priced pretty cheap.
As for renting a tank, You could own a tank like that for $60. I bought a used one on craigslist for $20. Fills are the same price rent or exchange, unless your hydro date is out. Again, fire safety shops tend to have the best price on fills, tanks, and hydro tests. My local one, koetter fire, hydro'd my tank for under $15 and it was next day service.
I got a 15lb tank for around $60 with a new hydro test, and full.
-Ben

Latest posts

Back