Berries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If anyone could help me out and answer a few questions is greatly appreciate it. Been knocking around these questions for a week to test a hypothesis for a paper on extremes that could be used if the grid ever sent down. I can't fail so please take a minute and join in on the conversation.

Anyone have a list of berries that can be used?

Sugar content?

Berries safe after cooking but poisonous prior, if there are any?

Highest yielding berry or berry that grows like a weed with aggressive growth like mint?

Finally example bird berries can they be fermented and the alcohols removed. If none of the berry is left after retaliation is it safe to use as fuel, home crafts or fuel?

What berries in your opinion give the most noticeable yeast rating sugar affect to everyone on here.

I think the answer is no but can't find anything on the web. Please help its for a paper so sources would be great

Highest yielding berry or berry that grows like a weed with aggressive growth like mint? .

Mulberries, IMO are a weed (grow and spread like wildfire) and they have massive yields. Birds eat them while in the tree, then s**t the seeds out under the tree and along the fence line. Source: 'my old neighbors fence line'

I've never fermented with them, but they taste pretty good

Back