Bent Paddle 14° ESB Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild1z

Reaction score
Hi all, to preface this.. I searched the forum (Internet too) Bent Paddle Clone, 14 Degree Clone, BP 14 Degree Clone.. and couldn't find it through search. (Learned something about cloning red bearded snipe though, on my 3rd beer, but that's another story. ;)

Anyhoo, I went to the BP site http://www.bentpaddlebrewing.com/beer/flagship-beers.php and saw the ingredients listed. I figured they might be put in some sort of order, left to right, lefter is larger..and followed that. Not sure if I am right or wrong, I haven't even brewed it yet.

Why am I posting this? Well I like the beer and thought I could use a bit of your experience to help me/us/we along with making a go at cloning this. I'm looking for those wise suggestions y'all are good at dispensing, "you know Rob, that might get lost in the brew" or "Yeah, I'd skip this and add that..

I did reach out to Bent Paddle via email, to see if they would give me a clue. I just did this today in fact.

Here it goes..

14deg%20ESB%20-%20Beer%20Recipe%20-%20Brewers%20Friend_zpsf7pkzpwh.jpg

I got a reply from the director of Brewery Communications! Thank you Colin Mullen!

Hi Rob, I just took a moment recently to get an approximate clone for the 14 Degree for a local homebrew store. From the looks of it you are pretty darn close. Here is my conversion if you want to compare (not tested). Cheers and let us know how things turn out!

14 DEGREE ESB CLONE
Mash Temp 155
EFFICIENCY 75%
Batch Size: 5 Gallon
OG 1.06 14.5 Plato
FG 1.014 3.5 Plato
TOTAL IBU 68
Boil Time 90 min
Ferm Temp 68°F

Malt: @75% EFFICIENCY LBS
Rahr Pale 8.25
Simpson's Golden Promise 1
Simpson's Aromatic 0.25
Simpson's Extra Dark 0.15
Simpson's Medium Crystal 0.25
Weyermann Carafoam 0.4
Weyermann Dehusked Carafa III 0.05 (1oz)

HOPS OZ
CTZ @16.9% AA (32IBUS) 0.65 90 Min Left

EKG 1 20 Min Left
Glacier 0.5 20 Min Left

DRY HOP
Amarillo 1
EKG 0.25
Ahtanum 0.25

YEAST
WYEAST 1056 / WLCAL001

Back