Quantcast

Bells Hopslam on tap at local pub!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

eschatz

Reaction score
the local pub that i frequent on a weekly basis has 30+ on tap. for about a month now they've had the Bells Hopslam! this stuff is really messing me and my friends up! three pints and were stupid, with a viscious hangover! but we keep comming back like a lame girlfriend that keeps burning us. i couldnt be happier!:rockin: :drunk:

OP
eschatz

eschatz

Reaction score
is it that nobody has heard of the Hopslam or is it that everybody has it at their corner bar?

e lo

Reaction score
Or that I didn't see your post. :) I've actually not had the hopslam, but Bells can do no wrong in my book, and I keep meaning to give the hopslam a try. I don't think it's on tap anywhere here in Ann Arbor.

brewt00l

Reaction score
Gotta love a local with a great beer on tap like Hopslam!

One of my locals is gonna be pulling pints of 'slam this week w/ the following line up:

--2006 Thomas Hooker Barrel-Aged Porter
--2006 Dogfish Head World Wide Stout
--Bell's Hop Slam
--Old Rasputin (Nitro)
--Climax 10th Anniversary
--Stoudt's Birthday (rare) sixtel (name)
--Flying Fish Apple Jack Brandy Beer (aged in Apple Jack brandy barrels)
--Rogue Double Dead Guy (Locker Stock)
--Lucifer
--Stone Double Bastard
--Founder's Devil Dancer

OP
eschatz

eschatz

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP!!! i'd just do with the hopslam and the worldwidestout!!!!!!!! amazing..... and the doublebastard, and the old rasputin...etc. at this point i'm so far past drunk!

Gammon N Beer

Reaction score
I live in a small college town. One bar had Hopslam on tap. It did not last long even at $4.50 a pint.

mikeyc

Reaction score
My local liquor store has it on tap for 12.00 for a growler. Very good stuff. I drank a growler the other night.... it took me a minute to get out of bed the next morning.

Jekster

Reaction score
It's amazing stuff in the bottle and god like on tap. I love the stuff and can feel it after one pint. Last time I was drinking some I had one beer and then was just shooting the **** because I had to drive. Then the bartender accidentally pulled a pint of hop when he was supposed to be pulling a normal pale. His mistake, and my bounty because he gave it to my brother and I to split. ;)

mnt2

Reaction score
I'm a very big fan of the hopslam. Within the past couple weeks, I've had it on tap and in the bottle. For this kind of beer I usually prefer bottles personally. Hop flavors tend to be a bit more pronounced, and also bars that really take excellent care of the lines for draught beers seem to be few and far between. For this beer though I really liked it on draft; some of the honey notes seemed to come through a little more clearly which was great.

vav

Reaction score
I cant get it...or ANY bells, here anymore D:

Arneba28

Reaction score
Ok so I am in Western New York. Bells does not have a distributing license in NY State...however....found ( at a local college bar) HopSlam, Winter White Ale and 2Hearted...The owner drives to Erie PA to buy the beer...This man should get an award... I had 2hearted for the first time tonight...I am in love

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, that is awesum! That guy deserves your business! I've had two-hearted, and agree it's good, but not the best IPA I've ever had. A friend of mine actually tried making a clone (a few times) and one of his batches was even better, I thought.

I'd love to try Hopslam, although IPA isn't my favorite style, I can enjoy them at the right time, and this one sounds really interesting!

Anyone ever have Hop Wallop?

e lo

Reaction score
vav said:
I cant get it...or ANY bells, here anymore D:
You've got to be kidding me! In a state that's only a tiny little bit of IN away from MI, you can't get Bells? Is it not distrubuted there any more?

vav

Reaction score
e lo said:
You've got to be kidding me! In a state that's only a tiny little bit of IN away from MI, you can't get Bells? Is it not distrubuted there any more?
They pulled their IL distribution due to ethical reasons or somesuch. I read an article about it.

EricS

Reaction score
My local liquor store ran an add in the paper that they had Bell's Hop Slam. Went straight there from work yesterday and bought a six pack. That stuff is fricken awesome. I can't believe how smooth it is and I could barley notice the 10% ABV. If it weren't $13 for the sixer I would have drank as much as I could last night until I was tanked and then drank the rest tonight, instead I have to savior it.

BrianP

Reaction score
$15 a sixer in Michigan grocery stores. I might have to give it a try. I haven't up to this point due to it being about 2x the price of Two Hearted.