Bells Hopslam on tap at local pub!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatz

Reaction score
the local pub that i frequent on a weekly basis has 30+ on tap. for about a month now they've had the Bells Hopslam! this stuff is really messing me and my friends up! three pints and were stupid, with a viscious hangover! but we keep comming back like a lame girlfriend that keeps burning us. i couldnt be happier!:rockin: :drunk:

is it that nobody has heard of the Hopslam or is it that everybody has it at their corner bar?

Or that I didn't see your post. :) I've actually not had the hopslam, but Bells can do no wrong in my book, and I keep meaning to give the hopslam a try. I don't think it's on tap anywhere here in Ann Arbor.

Gotta love a local with a great beer on tap like Hopslam!

One of my locals is gonna be pulling pints of 'slam this week w/ the following line up:

--2006 Thomas Hooker Barrel-Aged Porter
--2006 Dogfish Head World Wide Stout
--Bell's Hop Slam
--Old Rasputin (Nitro)
--Climax 10th Anniversary
--Stoudt's Birthday (rare) sixtel (name)
--Flying Fish Apple Jack Brandy Beer (aged in Apple Jack brandy barrels)
--Rogue Double Dead Guy (Locker Stock)
--Lucifer
--Stone Double Bastard
--Founder's Devil Dancer

HOLY CRAP!!! i'd just do with the hopslam and the worldwidestout!!!!!!!! amazing..... and the doublebastard, and the old rasputin...etc. at this point i'm so far past drunk!

I live in a small college town. One bar had Hopslam on tap. It did not last long even at $4.50 a pint.

My local liquor store has it on tap for 12.00 for a growler. Very good stuff. I drank a growler the other night.... it took me a minute to get out of bed the next morning.

It's amazing stuff in the bottle and god like on tap. I love the stuff and can feel it after one pint. Last time I was drinking some I had one beer and then was just shooting the **** because I had to drive. Then the bartender accidentally pulled a pint of hop when he was supposed to be pulling a normal pale. His mistake, and my bounty because he gave it to my brother and I to split. ;)

I'm a very big fan of the hopslam. Within the past couple weeks, I've had it on tap and in the bottle. For this kind of beer I usually prefer bottles personally. Hop flavors tend to be a bit more pronounced, and also bars that really take excellent care of the lines for draught beers seem to be few and far between. For this beer though I really liked it on draft; some of the honey notes seemed to come through a little more clearly which was great.

Ok so I am in Western New York. Bells does not have a distributing license in NY State...however....found ( at a local college bar) HopSlam, Winter White Ale and 2Hearted...The owner drives to Erie PA to buy the beer...This man should get an award... I had 2hearted for the first time tonight...I am in love

Oh, that is awesum! That guy deserves your business! I've had two-hearted, and agree it's good, but not the best IPA I've ever had. A friend of mine actually tried making a clone (a few times) and one of his batches was even better, I thought.

I'd love to try Hopslam, although IPA isn't my favorite style, I can enjoy them at the right time, and this one sounds really interesting!

Anyone ever have Hop Wallop?

vav said:
I cant get it...or ANY bells, here anymore D:

You've got to be kidding me! In a state that's only a tiny little bit of IN away from MI, you can't get Bells? Is it not distrubuted there any more?

e lo said:
You've got to be kidding me! In a state that's only a tiny little bit of IN away from MI, you can't get Bells? Is it not distrubuted there any more?

They pulled their IL distribution due to ethical reasons or somesuch. I read an article about it.

My local liquor store ran an add in the paper that they had Bell's Hop Slam. Went straight there from work yesterday and bought a six pack. That stuff is fricken awesome. I can't believe how smooth it is and I could barley notice the 10% ABV. If it weren't $13 for the sixer I would have drank as much as I could last night until I was tanked and then drank the rest tonight, instead I have to savior it.

$15 a sixer in Michigan grocery stores. I might have to give it a try. I haven't up to this point due to it being about 2x the price of Two Hearted.

Latest posts

Back