Belgian Triple Still Bubbling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ike8228

Reaction score
So I made a Belgian Triple of sorts and it has been bubbling for three weeks. No foam/krausen just bubbles running up the side of the carboy like you see in a glass so obviously not clearing at all. My OG was 1.086 and used mangrove m 31. Expecting about 9%. I had it in the chamber at 68-70 for two weeks with a blowoff and racked from a 6 to a 5 with a S bubbler and put in the closet at about the same temp for a week. Now the volume is all the way to the neck as well (maybe a factor?). I know triples take awhile, but I thought it would be done bubbling by now. I have not taken a reading because I figured it’s still going. I get a bubble in the lock every 5 seconds. Is this normal?

Here’s a quick video

Attachments

• C8F0C2E5-7070-4180-85B5-A21C0972A549.jpeg
    C8F0C2E5-7070-4180-85B5-A21C0972A549.jpeg
    459.5 KB · Views: 20
M31 is a diastaticus yeast, so it creates enzymes during fermentation that breaks complex sugars into simple sugars in which it can eat which makes it highly attenuative. You can expect a lengthier fermentation time due to this. As stated previously, check you’re gravity. M31 can finish as low at 1.001/1.002

It’s at 1.008 started at 1.086. Target was 1.085-1.090 and 1.010-1.015 so ‘done’ and then some. I’m measuring it at 10.25% This is the first complete recipe build I’ve ever done. Sample tastes great with a little carb to it, thus the bubbles in the carboy.

But why is it still bubbling. It has a little sweetness to it, so maybe it’s not 100% done. I’ll take another reading in a few days. I used 3 lbs of honey so that might be some of the sweetness not fermenting out. Or perhaps the alcohol killed the yeast and didn’t finish all the way? But 1.008 doesn’t have much more to take.

Because it’s bubbling it’s not clearing, but I did use a lb of flaked wheat so that might be it too.

It’s at 1.008 started at 1.086. Target was 1.085-1.090 and 1.010-1.015 so ‘done’ and then some. I’m measuring it at 10.25% This is the first complete recipe build I’ve ever done. Sample tastes great with a little carb to it, thus the bubbles in the carboy.

But why is it still bubbling. It has a little sweetness to it, so maybe it’s not 100% done. I’ll take another reading in a few days. I used 3 lbs of honey so that might be some of the sweetness not fermenting out. Or perhaps the alcohol killed the yeast and didn’t finish all the way? But 1.008 doesn’t have much more to take.

Because it’s bubbling it’s not clearing, but I did use a lb of flaked wheat so that might be it too.
Because It’s still fermenting, that beer will finish close to 1.004 maybe even lower. Please review what it means to be a diastaticus yeast.

So you think that’s what it is? It says it’s a type of infection. I sanitize the hell out my stuff so I’m hoping not and infection. I did do a bleach solution sanitation of my stuff before this batch too. Do that every 3-4 batches just to make sure I’m killing as much as possible.

So you think that’s what it is? It says it’s a type of infection. I sanitize the hell out my stuff so I’m hoping not and infection. I did do a bleach solution sanitation of my stuff before this batch too. Do that every 3-4 batches just to make sure I’m killing as much as possible.
Some brewers yeast carry The gene so it’s not an infection just similar genetics and abilities

Latest posts

Back