Belgian brew suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thirstyutahn

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've got a buddy who is from Belgium and he's getting married at the very end of June. I've been thinking about surprising him with a homebrewed Belgian beer for his bachelor party. I don't have time to experiment unfortunately so I was hoping you all could point me to a fantastic AG recipe. I also obviously don't have time to really age it so it would need to be something I could have finished before say the middle or so of June.

One of his favorite beers is duvel. His two favorite styles are strong ales and trippels.

Any recipes or ideas would be greatly appreciated as this will be my first Belgian beer. Thanks!

Strongs and tripels need more time than you have, I would consider a blonde as the last comment said, or a belgian pale ale, or belgian wit with your time constraints.

I think he'll appreciate that you made it for him. For a party like this, you want people to last for a bit - so a strong ale or triple might not be the best idea. :drunk:

A blonde might be a better idea. Make him a triple for his anniversary.

cheers!

Thanks for the suggestions! I figured I might be cutting it too close with the stronger beers but thought I'd ask.

Alright so a blonde it is :). Now have any of you done revys recipe? Anyone have any other recipe recommendations? Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for the suggestions! I figured I might be cutting it too close with the stronger beers but thought I'd ask.

Alright so a blonde it is :). Now have any of you done revys recipe? Anyone have any other recipe recommendations? Thanks again for the help.

I have a partial mash version of Revvy's recipe fermenting right now. TONS of people in that thread have made the recipe, and I have yet to read anyone say that it is anything but excellent.

Back