Belgain Dubbel bottle or keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGHcableguy

Reaction score
I have had my belgain dubbel resting for 2 months now and am ready to bottle/keg it. Mainly the wife is tired of looking at resting in the kitchen! My question is which will turn out better for this beer bottle or kegging?

I like to bottle my Belgians because they age really well. If you bottle you can drink some and set some aside to age. I have several Belgians bottled at varying stages of aging. It is nice to pull one out occasionally and taste the difference.

I'm racking a dubbel this weekend to a secondary to wait until I have an open keg.

Kegging means I can control the carbonation better, fine with gelatin if I want, and sample frequently. When I decide I've had enough on tap, I'll bottle it into bombers.

I'm not convinced there is a benefit to natural carbing in a bottle, it is just more convenient sometimes. Do whatever fits your process and situation best, good beer will be had regardless

On the topic of bottling Belgians, does anyone know where to get corks and cages for the champagne type bottles? Neither of the brewshops in town have them, and I haven't had any luck on amazon. Living in Canada may be what's making it difficult, I'm not sure.

The big online stores have them, morebeer and the like, I'm not sure about their international shipping though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

I ended up bottling all of it. I tried one last night and well, it needs more time. I did not wanna tie up one of my kegs for months.

Back