Beginning a new Beer Empire

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just call it MINE ! Homebrew loves everyone, but not everyone loves homebrew. In my experience, most of my friends are used to drinking Major Brand Pasteurized Sterile beer. They have never strayed into any of the microbrews available and may have tried enough imports to tell you that they hate Heineken. When faced with a bottle of , say , homebrewed stout, they wrinkle their noses ( "This beer's black, man!") . Call it yours, the skeptics be damned ! I do think that Black Monkey IPA sounds cool, though. If you use that, I want a nickel from every bottle. :D

Sudsmonkey

I've decided to name all of the beers that consist of a recipe I created on my own. My latest I named Lake Walk Pale Ale, and made a pretty good label (in my opinion!) for it as well. I based the recipe off of beers I liked and made my own "version" of it with improvements that I thought would improve the beer for my own tastes.

I have 2 more in secondary fermentation right now that have labels and names in the designing process.
Once I have 2 or 3 decent ones I'll post them.

Here's my Lake Walk label that is going to go on my tap handle. I'm making a paddle type tap handle that is going to have a slot to interchange labels for whatever I have on tap at the time. I plan on laminating the labels so they are easily changeable....

LWPA.jpg

ORRELSE said:
I've decided to name all of the beers that consist of a recipe I created on my own. My latest I named Lake Walk Pale Ale, and made a pretty good label (in my opinion!) for it as well. I based the recipe off of beers I liked and made my own "version" of it with improvements that I thought would improve the beer for my own tastes.

I have 2 more in secondary fermentation right now that have labels and names in the designing process.
Once I have 2 or 3 decent ones I'll post them.

Here's my Lake Walk label that is going to go on my tap handle. I'm making a paddle type tap handle that is going to have a slot to interchange labels for whatever I have on tap at the time. I plan on laminating the labels so they are easily changeable....

LWPA.jpg

Lake Walk. That's a pretty cool name. I think that's a great picture for the label as well. Living right on top of Lake Superior, I thought of using some sort of water motif for mine, but that would be obvious. I'm leaning towards something hockey-related at the moment. Especially since I don't have a nickel per bottle to be paying out in copyright fees to sudsmonkey. :D

Very nice Orrelse! :cool: Is Lake Walk the name of your "Brewery"? For example, will you have say a Lake Walk Stout or Lake Walk IPA? I guess my question is does 'Lake Walk' stay constant no matter the beer style?

NewToTheGame said:
Lake Walk. That's a pretty cool name. I think that's a great picture for the label as well. Living right on top of Lake Superior, I thought of using some sort of water motif for mine, but that would be obvious. I'm leaning towards something hockey-related at the moment. Especially since I don't have a nickel per bottle to be paying out in copyright fees to sudsmonkey. :D

Poor Sudsmonkey :(

Thanks all....

Lake Walk is the name of the street I live on, and that was the first recipe I created at this address, so I named it that. I'm military so I move a lot. It will hopefully be a distant memory in about a year. The beer will stick arounf though. Its a good one. :cool:

I'm going to name the brewery something else, and eventually I'll put the official brewery logo somewhere on the label for the beer. In my preliminary designs of the Lake Walk label it is right in the center. Its still in the developmental stage though. :) I'll be sure to share it when I'm done.
I decided for bottle labels I'll put the brewery logo on as well, but for the tap handle labels it will just be the name of the beer and the background picture, because the smaller label with the text and stuff just looks too crowded.

I love goofing around with designs even though I'm hardly artistic.

orrelse,

www.northernbrewer.com (and i'm sure other sites do too) have these wooden tap handles w/ slots already in the top so you can make business card sized labels, and swap 'em out w/ the brews. they have a light colored wood and a black wood. but, i think the homemade paddle one would have tons more character. good job!

DeRoux's Broux

Well, here's something I've been working on for a while. I really ain't ready to unveil it, but what the hey....we're among friends.

sam's_beer.JPG

Sam75 said:
Well, here's something I've been working on for a while. I really ain't ready to unveil it, but what the hey....we're among friends.

it's so edgie, bold, unrefined...........I LOVE IT! :p

it must have taken you hours upon hours to tackle that master piece?????

Back