Beginner Lambic Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenA

Reaction score
I've been brewing for about 3 years now and I'm ready to try a lambic style beer. Anyone know a simple start?

Primary- wild flower mead
Secondary-muscadine wine
Keg- chocolate milk stout, vanilla ale
Bottled- chicha, green tea infused mead, strawberry wine

I've been researching this too. Here is AmandaK's award-winning extract recipe.

Alternatively, here are Oldsock's all-gran recipes for a turbid mash and single infusion.

I'm going to try the single infusion recipe, but was thinking of using dark wheat malt in place of the wheat malt and spelt to get the SRM up to 6. I'm also planning to use 4 oz of maltodextrine.

I've done some blending with it, not specifically gueuze style blending though. I am doing a Solera with mine. The first pull for me tasted a lot like gueuze, and I won a first place in a local competition in that category with the beer. If you want the gritty details, I documented it in video format on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLibE2BjPG_8Hd8ijiJI6ViBCZZwahsceQ

Well, my lambic project just moved up to number 2 on the list as I just ordered ECY01 Bugfarm (and ECY02 Flemish Ale) from love2brew.

I have an all grain setup. I want to do a no mix lambic most likely with a fruity tone to it.

Secondary-muscadine wine

Alternatively, here are Oldsock's all-gran recipes for a turbid mash and single infusion.

I'm going to try the single infusion recipe, but was thinking of using dark wheat malt in place of the wheat malt and spelt to get the SRM up to 6. I'm also planning to use 4 oz of maltodextrine.

I think I will try this all-grain

Secondary-muscadine wine

I think I will try this all-grain. Thanks pole.

Secondary-muscadine wine

I think I'll try the single infusion. Thanks pole for the articles. They helped a lot. One thing I've really noticed is that everyone seems to have a different method.

Secondary-muscadine wine

Sorry guys. My app glitches up

Secondary-muscadine wine

Back