Beginner Kegging Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrooklynBrew

Reaction score
Hello,
I am going to buy a kegerator in a few days and was wondering if they generally connect to anytype of corny keg? Do you have to get the ball lock or the pin lock? I havent bought any of the equipment yet so I would like to know what the best choices are.
Thanks

If you buy one from the store already pre built they will most likely come with a hookup for commercial kegs, my spelling sucks and I am too lazy to look up the spelling, but I think it is called sankey. You will need to buy whatever connection you need for your corny.

+1 on the sankey (yes, you spelled it correctly). most commercial kegerators come with a sankey tap.

You can either cut the lines and install your ball lock or pin lock connectors (depending on the type of corney keg you get), or you can install fittings allowing you to do both. The easiest way to get all the fittings you need is probably a conversion kit like this one: kegerator homebrew conversion kit. @ Williams Brewing

OK thanks alot guys. I just purchased a corny kegging system with a ball lock keg. So when i get the kegerator I will have to look at all the connections and see what i need. But i shouldnt have a problem connecting it all right?

Depending on what comes with the kit, you shouldn't have a problem. Most kits come with all the line and connectors you need. If you purchased online, post a link to the kit you ordered so we can check it out.

Latest posts

Back