Beginner from Oklahoma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d-usa

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

new brewer here from Oklahoma. I was able to get my hands on a little 1-gallon glass carboy brewing kit at Whole Foods and so I have officially joined the home-brewing crowd.

I've been thinking about doing home-brewing for quite a while, but I didn't want to spend the money and dedicate the space to a full 5 gallon setup. So when I saw the 1-gallon starter kit I figured it was a good way to test the waters without jumping in headfirst.

Bottled my first batch yesterday, a smoked wheat all-grain that came with the kit, and it had a pretty good taste to it already. Looking forward to popping open a bottle in a couple of weeks to see how it finishes.

Brewed my second batch today and had lots of "2nd batch issues" :eek:
Ended up with not enough water, the specific gravity was quite a bit lower than anticipated, now I just hope the yeast will start! :D

But I'm keeping notes, and now I know what to do differently for batch #3. So I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn from everyone here and enjoying some good home-brewed beer. :mug:

Back