Beginner Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accorn46

Reaction score
I'm just new to this so I want to start out kind of slow and work my way up I'm thinking of just starting out with Gallon size amounts and I understand good cider takes awhile to get good.But I am the curious type and I'm just curious to see has anyone had a good brewing experience with created good cider in under 5 days I should say that it takes me alot of anxiety to wait so this may not be the best hobby but I'm still willing to try it out .any help on how to get started in the cider hobby would be appraited very much.

The fermentation will take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month or more. If you are that in a hurry, get some juice and dump some Everclear in it. But if you want to make a good cider, it will take a little while. 3-4 months to ferment, age, bottle/prime, and give it a little whilte to rest. That is even early for some people. You could cut the time down by force carbing, but that is expensive.

Primary 2 months, secondary 4 months, bulk-age at least one year. YMMV, but if you want really good cider, it needs to properly condition. Most people drink their ciders way too early IMHO.

The key is to make it, and make it each and every year. After the first year, you start to drink the batch(es) you've made the previous year. By following this advice, you will have properly conditioned cider year after year !

:rockin:

- GL63

Back