beerswap III:eriktlupus' brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriktlupus

Reaction score
okay here we go 4 beers each 2 16oz and 2 12oz

s=dry stout
vok=vanilla/orange w koelsch yeast (experimental batch)
cw=coriander wheat 16oz
vc=vanilla cream (cheese's #1) 16oz

sent to chad, pirate ale and jdoiv
plz be honest and as complete as u can
thank you
Erik T

Sorry Erik, I haven't had time to try them yet. I'll try to get to tasting them Sunday evening or next week. I'm out of the pocket for the weekend.

Ok here goes:

Vanilla Cream Ale

Aroma:
Faint malt notes, no hops present on nose. Mild and pleasant. 8/12

Appearance:
A little darker than I expected for the style. No head retentiion or lacing to speak of, little to no chill haze. 2/3

Flavor:
This beer has a lite malt flavor, balanced well with very little hop bitterness. The vanilla sweetness hits on the finish, and is very good. 16/20

Mouthfeel:
Very smooth and creamy, with a nice residual sweetness. 3/5

Overall:
SWMBO likes this one. Sweet and smooth with good carbonation. Perfect for a BMC conversion beer. Well Done! 8/10

Total:
37/50

Vanilla Orange Kolsch

Aroma:
a unique spicy aroma overshadows the malt and hops(which are light in a Kolsch anyway). Very subtle but pleasing orange and vanilla undertones on the nose. 6/12

Appearnace;
Crystal Clear, straw gold color with a nice small white head, that left good lacing through to the finish. 3/3

Flavor:
I was expecting a Kolsch with some fruity spice, but I didn't get it. What yeast did you use? This is a unique flavor profile that is has strong spice, fruit, and a hidden bitterness at the finish. 15/20

Mouthfeel:
True to style, smooth and crisp, lightly carbonated with no technical flaws. 4/5

Overall:
This is a technically sound beer with good flavors, howevere it isn't my normal preference. 6/10

Total:
34/50

Coriander Wheat​

Aroma:
Nice spicy aroma with hints of clove and coriander. It is very enticing. 9/12

Appearance:
Super good clarity. I was expecting it to be hazy. It has a nice straw gold color. there was little head, and very little lacing. 2/3

Flavor:
Oh this is good. The flavor is clean and crisp. It is very light, and there are no flavor flaws present. 19/20

Mouthfeel:
Even with out a head or lacing it still has a good carbonated feel, with nice body.
5/5

Overall:
This is a great beer. I want the recipe! and another bottle to compare my attempt to. This would be a great session beer for me an the crew. 9/10

Total: 44/50

thanks jon
the VOK was done as an experimental for a bud at work it is a koelsch yeast.

the cori-wheat is actually @6.5%abv

the vanilla cream is cheesefoods first recipe for it

Dry Stout 13A

Aroma: very mild aroma, some roastiness
6/12

Apperance : Dark brown to black. Tightly packed white head with small bubbles. Head dissipates fairly quickly
2/3

Flavor: Roasty flavor, medium bitterness, no real hop flavor.
15/20

Mouthfeel: Medium light body. Carbonation seems high.
3/5

Overall Impression:
a little one dimensional. I can taste the roasted barley, but not of any other malt flavors. Hop bitterness is reduced. Got a hint of ash taste probably due to the high carbonation level.
6/10

Final Score: 32/50. Very good.

A nice beer with no major flaws.

Coriander Wheat

Arom: Pick up a spice and citrus aroma
8/12

Appearance: Nice light golden color and farily clear for a wheat. No head what-so-ever. Not sure why with a wheat beer.
2/3

Flavor: Certainly taste the corriander and what I perceive to be a citrusy hop (Simcoe maybe). Nice maltiness as well. Slight earthiness undertone
15/20

Mouthfeel: medium body and some creaminess. 4/5

Overall Impression: A nice beer. Wasn't what I was expecting. Tasted maltier and creamier than I anticipated a wheat as being.
7/10

Total: 37/50 Very good.

Back