Beersmith IBU troubles with new profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtvann

Reaction score
I recently switched to eBIAB. I'm recreating some of my old recipes into new equipment profiles. Something is getting jacked up. One recipe of mine that comes in around a planned 60 IBUs is now showing over 140. I don't know enough about the desktop vs phone app. Previously I had been using only the phone app, but in using the desktop version my numbers are way off in IBU only. Everything else agrees.

Any ideas?

Accidentally clicked to attribute boil hop additions un the whirlpool.

That can happen :)
Note that BeerSmith 3 now allows one to set the Steep/Whirlpool temperature for each post-boil kettle hop addition in a recipe...

Cheers!

Note that BeerSmith 3 now allows one to set the Steep/Whirlpool temperature for each post-boil kettle hop addition in a recipe...

Off topic. I am still using BeerSmith 1.4, still meets my needs (but I guess I don't know what I am missing). I have done a lot of tailoring of it to meet my needs and am just comfortable using it. Probably been using it for about 10 years now.

Is BeerSmith 3 that much better that I really should get it and find out what I'm missing, or would I be disappointed in that it doesn't do much more.

P.S.: I don't care about whirlpool bittering since I take my temp down to 175 before any hops are added.

Back