Beersmith and BCS on Raspberry Pi?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontum

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently I had fun making the Raspberry Pints that many have also done on this site.

I also recently built a BCS control panel and electric setup in my brew shed. Currently I use Beersmith on a computer in the house, but need to leave it in the house when I brew for the wife to use. I also am using my iPad to control the BCS. I would like one device permanently out in the brew shed to use Beersmith, run my BCS, and maybe even data log my BCS.

With the faster Raspberry Pi 2 released, it would be fun to build a Pi for this. Can the Beersmith Linux version run on the Pi? Can I create data logs from the BCS to my Pi?

-
Craig

Bump for this same question about Rpi and linux beersmith.

Will be consulting my EE buddy at work. He might know.

The BeerSmith files available for download all appear to have been compiled for x86 architectures, so they won't run on a RaspPi. If Brad would be willing to release a source code version, it could probably be compiled to run a a Pi, but my guess is that source code will not be released.

Brew on :mug:

Yep no luck finding beersmith. I did get brewtarget operational on my pi last night. BCS should work as it's just a browser searching for an IP addy.

Back