Beersmith 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firestorm159

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to brew a Surly Bitter Brewer all grain kit from NB. When I go to add the grains several of them are not listed. So do I just find something similar to add or what?

I'm getting ready to brew a Surly Bitter Brewer all grain kit from NB. When I go to add the grains several of them are not listed. So do I just find something similar to add or what?

You can add grains to the list. If you can get the grain analysis ahead of time it will help with data entry. You should be able to find it on the NB website.

Anyhow, on the left had side of BeerSmith you will see a stacked list of view, profiles, ingredients.... Click ingredients, this will expand it and show a list for hops, grain.... Click grain and on the ribbon along the top is a button for add grain.

You can actually add add-ons into beer smith 2. Recently discovered this myself. It adds them by type. Such as 'rahr malts' and 'wyeast yeast'. Well those ones come standard, but I can't think right off top my head.

Look for the add ins button and add all the diff types of grains. I added everything for the hell of it.

If the stuff you are looking for wasn't found in the add ins , follow steps from previous post

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks for reminding me, I should brew this again sometime soon. :mug: Bitter brewer was the first beer I made where I realized, I can do this! Quite a few people had good things to say, Lol, It was all gone by the end of the night.

There may be an add on for this NB kit already. I 'discovered' a lot of recipes this way.

You can actually add add-ons into beer smith 2. Recently discovered this myself. It adds them by type. Such as 'rahr malts' and 'wyeast yeast'. Well those ones come standard, but I can't think right off top my head.

Look for the add ins button and add all the diff types of grains. I added everything for the hell of it.

If the stuff you are looking for wasn't found in the add ins , follow steps from previous post

Thank you, I didn't know that. Always something to learn!

Back