Beers from Washington State

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neovox

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A coworker of mine brought be a selection of beers from her home state of Washington. Here's what she brought back to Michigan for me. They're chilling as I type. Now the only question is which do I try first? :rockin:

WA_Beer.jpg

I like Alyssian Brewery beer. If you have any from Silver City Brewery in Silverdal WA, savor that one. They're my favorite.

not that this is a bad thing but most of those are from Oregon.

Ah, I probably should have looked closer at the labels before posting. I assumed WA when I posted since she's from Vancouver, but it makes since since it's pretty much right on the boarder.

I tried the Full Sail amber. It's got a nice balance to it, not overly malty or hoppy, and real easy drinking.

Ah, I probably should have looked closer at the labels before posting. I assumed WA when I posted since she's from Vancouver, but it makes since since it's pretty much right on the boarder.

I tried the Full Sail amber. It's got a nice balance to it, not overly malty or hoppy, and real easy drinking.

yep, that's their flagship beer, they sell a lot of the pale ale too. The hop trip and Ninkasis are really good too. Haven't had the other one.

Full sail makes a pretty smooth barleywine in a bomber called old boardhead that is a lot of fun to start an evening with, I go through a couple of those a week, look for it.

Full sail makes a pretty smooth barleywine in a bomber called old boardhead that is a lot of fun to start an evening with, I go through a couple of those a week, look for it.

I really likes Full sails barleywine as well. It it great that I can get a 22oz bomber for $4. I don't know any other barleywine that I can get for under $8.

The Tricerahops DIPA is my favorite Ninkasi beer.

humann_brewing: check out Ninkasi there new tasting room. During the summer months they have live music outside but not sure what they do during the winter months. Also if you get in there when it is really slow ask the staff for a tour around brewery and they are likely to give it to you.

I'd start with the Full Sail Amber.

It's funny someone should mention Silver City Brewery! I was stationed in Bremerton and lived about a mile away from the brewery in Silverdale. I haven't been there since 2005, but I periodically check their site and it seems like not much has changed. I especially liked that they had 1 quart growlers for take-away.

Ok, so I've tried them all. My favorites were the two from Ninkasi and the Full Sail Amber. Hop Trip was good too but I liked the Ninkasi better. The El Torero was the only one of the group that I really didn't care for.

Latest posts

Back