Beers from Indy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Im going to a lake in Arkansas that is dry, but I have a friend driving in from Indy (im flying) who has offered to pick up beer for the week...what should I ask him to buy? im in DC, so i would like something local to Indy, and most of the week will be waterskiing etc....

thanks for any suggestions :)

At first I was confused as to the ability to water ski if the lake was dry. Especially given the rainfall they saw this week. Then I overcame my meteorological brain and realized what you were talking about.

There are a TON of breweries in the Indy area. My favorites are from Bier, but they don't package. Books and Brews puts together some good stuff as well, and can be found in liquor stores on the north side. Sun King is always the easiest to find and ok (I'm personally not a fan of the 3 main beers they distribute. The others are better). New Albanian is from southern IN, but also does some good stuff and is available in Indy.

Taxman, Thr3e Wise Men, Scarlet Lane are also good choices.

any specific things i should try to get from these places? nothing to exotic... (has to be readily available in a liquor store)

Railsplitter is pretty good (Triton), Osiris (Sun King) is all I would really recommend from there. If Taxman packages, Ive enjoyed all of their beers so far (more into Belgians). If your friend can go to a Crown Liquors, most have been keeping good stock of 3 Floyds bombers (Space Station, War Mullet, etc) which would be very nice AFTER skiing beers.

Latest posts

Back