Beerfest.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EoinMag

Reaction score
I saw, well I say saw, the boredom stopped me being attentive, this movie the other day for the first time, but am I the only one who thinks this is the crappiest movie every made? The only positive was that the German was actually accurate and mostly correctly spoken.
Frat films are better, damn any film is better, total load of crap.

I liked it for what it was, A drinking movie. It could have been much better yes (it was not Super Troopers). I saw it at the theater, but the one I go to in San Antonio serves beer so that may have made it better.

I saw, well I say saw, the boredom stopped me being attentive, this movie the other day for the first time, but am I the only one who thinks this is the crappiest movie every made? The only positive was that the German was actually accurate and mostly correctly spoken.
Frat films are better, damn any film is better, total load of crap.

So You fancy yourselves drinkers? We just beat the Irish so I'd say yeah!

I think it's a fun movie but of course like all movies of this class not to be taken too serious. But come on the beer goggle scene was classic.

I simply love it.... Course I love the 3 stooges. I love the grandmother warming up the sausage. Who can't laugh at that!!

This is definitely one of my favorite comedy movies. It's absolutely hilarious. A lot of people said it wasn't as good as Super Troopers (maybe my favorite comedy, either that or Grandma's Boy) but when I saw Beerfest in the theatres I was roaring with laughter and couldn't wait for it to come out on DVD.

"Looks like we got the Brits in the first round. We beat them in WW2, well yippie-kay-ay let's do it again."

I love that damn movie. I watch it almost every time I see it on TV. I agree with JMG that it isn't quite as good as Super Troopers or Grandma's Boy but damn near.

I love that damn movie. I watch it almost every time I see it on TV. I agree with JMG that it isn't quite as good as Super Troopers or Grandma's Boy but damn near.

+1, absolutely love it. Good for a laugh. Accuracy? Who jerks off frogs for a living?

Its so good we should freeze it in the winter and skate on it... and then thaw it in the spring time and drink it!

I thought it was pretty Damn Funny! I bought the DVD and have seen it many times. It's not a "perfect" Academy award film. But for the shear joy of watching a "stimulularious" comedy about "Beer Drinking" this rates for me on an "8" out of "10" scale for comedies. So what if you don't get the sublities of the comedic proportions. That's life!

Oh and another note on this movie... watch it with the commentary of the cast/director/writers on. Those guys are funny as hell. Its like being IN a mystery science theater 3000 show...

I laughed a lot during this one. Saw the tail end the other day and remembered how crappy/funny it was. I might have to rent it just to watch with commentaries!

Of course it was a "terrible" movie - but I laughed my ass off throughout. Gam Gam: "I shleep bettah vis a little sausage in me." And Barry showcasing his "quarters" skills at the beginning had me in hysterics.

Beerfest is funny, but now that I have seen The Hangover for the 4th time, I would have to say that it is the funnest movie in my collection.

Broken Lizard puts out great funny movies. "what's a Z-job"

I was hugely dissapointed by the hangover. Don't get me wrong, it was funny, but I had such huge expectations and it wasn't nearly that good.

My FIL says it's the funniest thing ever. Even my MIL said it was raunchy but funny. I'm going to rent it BD soon. Hope the hype isn't too much...

I think it's hilariously awful. I like watching it sometimes, just for schitzengiggles. Although I wondered why they had such trouble drinking out of Das Boot, when it was obvious to just turn the damn thing sideways.

I thought it was hillarious... any time my friends come over and we start drinking we go out into my garage and try to bounce washers into an ale pail. I bet its not even 3 minutes into it before someone says.. "Move zee bucket" .. " 30 meters"

Back