beerbox

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen them and they look like a cool invention. For the cost though, I chose to go with 2 - 2.5 gallon corny kegs instead. For me, I like the idea of stainless over plastic. Easier to clean and, this is just my opinion, but in my experience, anything plastic is not a life long investment. And most importantly for me was that they can travel, but also hook right up to my kegerator as well and can be force carbed.

the benefit to the Beer Box looks to be in it's compact nature and ability to fit in a normal refrigerator set up much better than a 2.5 gallon keg would. It's definitely a slick design, but you are going to have to carb them with a sugar primer as you would bottles. And I'm not really sold that they would be the easiest things to clean since access is through a fairly small opening.

Certainly, if this is all you have room for, I don't think they look bad, I just know with plenty of searching, you can find pretty decent deals on one handle 2.5 gallon kegs and probably get set up in those for not much more than this. With, imo, more flexibility for the future.

Haven't heard good things about the beerbox, but if space is an issue, the party pig just made a come back and might be a good choice. www.partypig.com. I have heard good things about that from some other brewers in my club.

Back