Beer won’t pour??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve50

Reaction score
So I kegged a NE style IPA. It won’t come out of the tap. Syphoned the beer into a keg that I just cleaned and know works. Ran cleaner and sanitizer through but beer won’t flow? Help!!
Steve

I dry hopped in the keg, used a nylon hop bugs. Could there be so much sediment that it is clogging the dip tube? If so I guess I dump the beer?

Switch your connectors and blow gas into the liquid dip tube. If it’s plugged up, this will clear it. Of course, it will stir up all the sediment in the beer, but you’ll at least know what the problem is.

Ok guys so I have enough CO2 pushed gas through the out line still just a trickle. If I remove the dip stick now and clean will I lose the beer? Should I Syphone the beer into a bottling bucket and put into bottles? Is this even an option or just dump it, take the keg apart clean and chalk it up to experience?

Pull the poppet valve total out. Same with the one inside the ball lock on the serving line. Run a little out...

Ok guys so I have enough CO2 pushed gas through the out line still just a trickle. If I remove the dip stick now and clean will I lose the beer? Should I Syphone the beer into a bottling bucket and put into bottles? Is this even an option or just dump it, take the keg apart clean and chalk it up to experience?
This happened to me the batch before last. I used the PRV to relieve pressure and pulled the OUT dip tube. Pressure had built back up so it started spraying beer all over the kitchen.

I cleaned it out, reassembled, and it clogged right back up. Turns out my bagged dry hops had escaped their bag. I had to put another bag over the end of my siphon and transfer the whole keg to a new keg, filtering out the hops. It won't win any awards, but it all got drank.

My PRV's have a little ring on them where if you turn it a bit, it'll hold the valve open so you don't get sprayed. If you remove both the poppet valves, some pretty big crap can run through the entire serving line. If that doesn't work, it's probably your hop bag clogging it up. I use picnic taps, which those can be disassembled and clean out too, but they're not generally the bottle neck.

Back