Beer Where There Shouldn't Be

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa Brewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

There's beer in the floor of my kegerator(?!).

I have a 4 tap system with a fan to circulate air/temp (haven't noticed a crystal of ice in there since I installed the fan). I reserve one tap for my wife, who likes soda water, and a few months back I found a good inch of water on the kegorator's floor, but no pressure loss in either the tap or my CO2 tank. Thought it must have been a leaky keg (and who the heck knows about the gas). Didn't think a lot of it, took out the keg, and then ended up putting a stout in that tap slot. All was well for a couple of months, and now I have beer on the kegerator floor, which I'm pretty sure is the stout. No lost gas pressure. Now, I did notice that that beer—from the start—poured slow.

Anyone have an idea of what I'm dealing with? Bad connector washer? Cracked kegs? Poltergeist? It's the steady CO2 gauge that really has me stumped.

Many thanks!

I don't keg, but it seems like it might be related to the tap. If the keg or hose leaked, wouldn't they leak all the time because they're under pressure? Maybe it leaks when that tap is open. Also, switching the stout with another could rule out keg and line if the stout quits leaking and the other starts, and the steady gauge suggests it can't be leaking all the time

I don't keg, but it seems like it might be related to the tap. If the keg or hose leaked, wouldn't they leak all the time because they're under pressure? Maybe it leaks when that tap is open. Also, switching the stout with another could rule out keg and line if the stout quits leaking and the other starts, and the steady gauge suggests it can't be leaking all the time
Good point

Back