Beer special on tv tonight! (7/31)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatFishGuy

Reaction score
I dont know if its something new, but i just saw a commercial for some special program about the history of beer thats on the history channel tonight @ 10pm. (western) . thought yall would like to know! lord knows I'll be taping that.
-Sam

ps. the commercial said the average American drinker drinks about 23 gallons of beer per year........good thing they werent asking any of us ;) :mug:

I almost forgot about that, plus my brand spanking new la-z-boy is ready to be picked up from the la-z-boy store tonight. SWEET:mug:

Glad im not the only one excited about it. true though, that host does look mighty young....but still looks older than me so i cant talk :D

outta highschool?!? that guy has a receding hairline. sorry im still a young'n
thought you guys would get a kick. I was watching it with my gf right now when we saw how Budweiser taste tested the water that they rinse their bottles with she said:

"They taste test the water, and let that pass....but then they taste test and let that **** pass?!" haha i hope im not the only one that thinks thats funny...

Ok the show did cover a wide spectrum of brewing topics, but what do you expect out of a 1 hours show. Nothing ground breaking for most of us here I guess. A few interesting topics.

ya, i was hoping for a little more... but i guess it was made for average joe. It had some random facts that i thought were cool though. im not gonna lie... im kind of liking batman tech a little more

i thought it was a pretty cool show, my wife was getting annoyed that I was pointing out things the entire time and naming the ingredients right before the host did :D Actually, she wasn't annoyed, just called me a dork.

ya, i was hoping for a little more... but i guess it was made for average joe. It had some random facts that i thought were cool though. im not gonna lie... im kind of liking batman tech a little more

yeah, the batman show had a higher cool factor.

Well as I said I picked up my new lazyboy yesterday, and low and behold, I passed out before the show started. I woke up at 1am pissed that I missed and went to bed. Hopefully it will re-air sometime soon. Man I need to get a DVR!

Well as I said I picked up my new lazyboy yesterday, and low and behold, I passed out before the show started. I woke up at 1am pissed that I missed and went to bed. Hopefully it will re-air sometime soon. Man I need to get a DVR!

It's re-airing Saturday, August 16 at noon.

Nice DVR set

Anyone read the "About the host"? I wouldn't discredit this "kid" for anything.

Daniel H. Wilson is a roboticist, an author, and a contributing editor to Popular Mechanics magazine. Born in Oklahoma, he earned a Ph.D. in Robotics from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, where he also received Master's degrees in Robotics and Machine Learning. Wilson is the author of How to Survive a Robot Uprising: Tips on Defending Yourself Against the Coming Rebellion (Bloomsbury USA, 2006), voted best book of 2006 by Wired Magazine and optioned by Paramount Pictures, as well as Where's My Jetpack?: A Guide to the Amazing Science Fiction Future That Never Arrived (Bloomsbury USA, 2007) and How to Build a Robot Army: Tips on Defending Planet Earth Against Alien Invaders, Ninjas, and Zombies (Bloomsbury USA, 2008). His next book, The Mad Scientist Hall of Fame (Citadel, 2008), will be released in August. You can visit his website at www.danielhwilson.com.

The show was pretty good. I'm glad they didn't harp on BMC really....but I wish they had spent a *little* more time on homebrewing...but I'm biased :D

I also wished they had at least said the word "enzymes" when they were talking about mashing.

Other than that...yeah it was pretty good

That guy's homebrew equipment was pretty nice! I also found it funny that he called the coffee stout a "tough guy beer"

Ha for real! I laughed about that.....they should have show how it really is! Cheap coolers and turkey fryers....maybe they could have shown BM's keggle :D

Ha for real! I laughed about that.....they should have show how it really is! Cheap coolers and turkey fryers....maybe they could have shown BM's keggle :D

yeah. Someone on their back deck that's falling apart or their garage that's full of old car parts, boiling on a turkey fryer with a ragged old cooler.

I liked the boilover in the microbrewery! I had no idea that the price of hops had increased SO much.

Ha that was pretty funny :D

I kinda missed the part about the hydroponic hops....what were they saying?

Ha that was pretty funny :D

I kinda missed the part about the hydroponic hops....what were they saying?

They hope to be harvesting within 4 months. I thought that hop plants took several years to reach the AA% that the style is known for.

Oh, I thought they were going to say something like breweries are going to have hydroponic hops growing on site. Now that would be cool..

Another thing that bugged me. When he was at the microbrewery and showed them bottle he said something like "Now thats fresh beer! It was born 4 seconds ago right over there and now here it is in bottles waiting to be shipped to stores" Sort of implying that it was brewed and then immediatly bottled.....

force carb'd maybe? i think he was missinformed or just assuming that it was ready to go to market. i missed the beggining because i was at a tattoo appointment, and i tried to stay up for the replay at 2am but i fell asleep right as it was starting again...damn.

Nice DVR set

Anyone read the "About the host"? I wouldn't discredit this "kid" for anything.

<snip>

How to Build a Robot Army: Tips on Defending Planet Earth Against Alien Invaders, Ninjas, and Zombies

Ok, I did it, this thread has now been zombified since no one actually read it....where is Evan!?

Back