beer shake clarity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimzella

Reaction score
just a quick one here..

whirl flock, longer secondary, grain type, yeast, filter...

which one of these, or combo.. or not even mentioned, would give me least amount of sediment in my bottles. I love to ride. My homebrew clarity does not agree. any ideas to clear up .. so my homebrew and I can be happy out on the trails.

October will be here soon.. my favorite riding season..

well, the answer to your question is "filter", however you would have problems carbing if you filtered out all the yeast.

1983 750 Virago
Keep your beer in the primary for at least 3 weeks for cold break and hops to settle. Tilt your primary the day before bottling. Keep your siphon above the yeast layer.

1983 750 Virago
Keep your beer in the primary for at least 3 weeks for cold break and hops to settle. Tilt your primary the day before bottling. Keep your siphon above the yeast layer.

4 weeks in primary.. and def keep cane above yeast cake... seems filter may be the answer..

1983 750 Virago

hey, i'll be up near you this weekend!

curling bonspiel in rice lake.

hey, i'll be up near you this weekend!

curling bonspiel in rice lake.

I haven't been on the ice for over 30 years, but this is a beer forum. I never worried about clarity. Always went for the taste. If someone complains about a certain style not being perfectly clear, they don't get anymore.

Choice of yeast is huge. Split a batch between 1056 and 1968 and you'll see right away. Irish moss works great. Chill faster. Cold crash before racking. Yeast also love to cling to wood chips. There are so many things you can do.

Back