Beer or Cat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBR250

Reaction score
So...My Buddy calls to tell me he has to drive 1.5 hours back to a cabin his family stayed at to get their cat that disappeared right before they left 2 days earlier. I mentioned I have a store bought IPA Odell Brewing beer waiting for him, just a quick 10 Min. He was bumming and said he didn't have time...........................My response? .........Dude, I'd rather have a nice beer in hand than a lost cat in the bush!

My question.....who agrees?:ban:

:tank:Im lovin u guys.....cracking up!.....all i can say is thats a deep question for my simple mind!

Really? Beer or Cat; this isn't even close. Cats can survive a long time by themselves, most of them prefer it that way. But a beer, if I am not there someone else will drink it! :mug:

From the 1st line of the opening statement yes. Or he wouldn't be going back for it. When we go on trips or vacations as a family,the pets go to the vet for boarding,shots,flea dips,etc while we're gone. Especially cats. They like to wander too much. But def go back for the family pet. Not all cats are hunters.
It's a learned behavior,not insinctive. We've had kittens that I had to teach to hunt with stuffed life like mice. Kinda funny when he brings the mouse back to show us. Looks at me like "you wanted me to catch this thing. Now what??"...:D

Stop at friends house for a couple hours and have a few beers, get home and tell wife and kids the cat never came back.

Who the hell takes a cat on vacation with them??? The most unmanageable creatures on this earth and you take it to a completely foreign location because somehow you think the cat is going to enjoy it??

Tell your friend to take a shovel with him, it will save him the future headaches.

From the 1st line of the opening statement yes. Or he wouldn't be going back for it. When we go on trips or vacations as a family,the pets go to the vet for boarding,shots,flea dips,etc while we're gone. Especially cats. They like to wander too much. But def go back for the family pet. Not all cats are hunters.
It's a learned behavior,not insinctive. We've had kittens that I had to teach to hunt with stuffed life like mice. Kinda funny when he brings the mouse back to show us. Looks at me like "you wanted me to catch this thing. Now what??"...:D

Our cats bring their catches home. I think they want to show off. But we'll often find half eaten rodents in the yard.

But I've never considered taking a cat on vacation.

The very reason I own a cat is because he can be left for long periods of time on his own.
Put out enough food, water and litter I he'd be fine for a month.

Stop at friends house for a couple hours and have a few beers, get home and tell wife and kids the cat never came back.

Who the hell takes a cat on vacation with them??? The most unmanageable creatures on this earth and you take it to a completely foreign location because somehow you think the cat is going to enjoy it??

Tell your friend to take a shovel with him, it will save him the future headaches.
:ban::mug:
My thoughts exactly. Yes, he took his cat and dog on vacation! Yes, he still is a friend even though I wonder about his priorities. Yes, his sex life might have been slowed some leaving the cat another day, another factor to consider!

Personally having a beer has typically led me to finding *****, and I know many who have trouble finding it at all without beer or two in them.

BTW, my cat likes to hang around while I brew, but after one beer he's pretty much worthless.

Brewpal.jpg

They stone ya when yer tryin to be so good.
They stoned ya just like they said they would.
They stone ya when yer tryin to go home.
They stone ya when yer left all alone...:drunk:

So...My Buddy calls to tell me he has to drive 1.5 hours back to a cabin his family stayed at to get their cat that disappeared right before they left 2 days earlier. I mentioned I have a store bought IPA Odell Brewing beer waiting for him, just a quick 10 Min. He was bumming and said he didn't have time...........................My response? .........Dude, I'd rather have a nice beer in hand than a lost cat in the bush!

My question.....who agrees?:ban:

I agree with others who are asking why they brought the cat to begin with, but also why did he wait 2 days to go back for it??

In the words of Billy Madison:
"Whoa whoa whoa Miss Lippy...That little boy's gotta think 'You got a pet. You got a responsibility.' If your dog [or cat] gets lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits [or wait for two days to start looking]. You get your a$$ out there and you find that fooking dog [or cat]."

I'm still confused about taking a cat on vacation. I get the dog. Dogs travel well. But like it was said, the great thing about a cat is that you can leave it alone for a few days and it'll be fine (if a bit angry when you show back up).

I'm still confused about taking a cat on vacation. I get the dog. Dogs travel well. But like it was said, the great thing about a cat is that you can leave it alone for a few days and it'll be fine (if a bit angry when you show back up).

Alright, I really don't know why he took his cat. He has younger children that probably talked him into it. Why did he wait two days? I have no idea but after two days he couldn't stop over for a nice cold one before he went?

Update: He did find the cat and I had his beer!

Back