BEER KITS BELOW COST.....But I need your help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love to try one of the bigger beers! After 2 years I still have brewed anything above 6%

I'll throw my hat in the ring on this. would love to try the narwhal or almond joy.

cheers and merry Christmas!

Thank You for picking us for your latest experiment!

I like Harold's story so I'll give his/your Imperial Red a try.

It'll be good practice for me on providing feedback, camera time and posting.

Merry Christmas,
Mr. Kennedy
Irish . . . . . but not a Harold :)

P.S. If you'd prefer some other kit for me to review, I'm game. They all look good.:rockin:

Sounds like a fun experiment to document the brew day. There are a few friends I've been meaning to show how to brew, and an extract kit would be a good starting point since I typically do all grain.

Aside from doing the write up, are there any specifics in the process that you're requesting? Such as bottling vs. kegging, dry/liquid/starter yeast, full volume boil, etc?

Edit: forgot to add my kit of choice, which is Cascadian Dark Black IPA

The blond kit would interest me... So far colors have been off in my yellow beer extract brews... Even with later addition and better temp control.

I haven't brewed an extract batch in years...But I was thinking I could squeeze one more brew in this cold weather season if it WAS extract. Normally brew in the garage, but this would be easy-peasy in the kitchen when it's -20 outside.

I would go for the Saison kit and pull out the brew belt when needed for fermentation.

I would be happy to help with this! Since I am an Oregon native it only seems logical I should try out the Deschutes Black Butte Porter kit ( ; I would luv to taste this recipe side by side with the real thang :mug:

I would like to give your Sierra Nevada Narwhal kit a try. I wouldn't mind documenting/reviewing the whole experience either.

I'd love to try your Scarfaced Charley Barleywine. Haven't done an extract in a few years so this would be fun! That false bottom you made me will just have to stand in the side lines and cheer me on.

I would love to offer feedback and progress on your: Beer Recipe Kit - Extract - Almond Joy. I am an all grain Brewer but revert back to extract when I need extra varieties for my kegerator.
Count me in if chosen!

I'm interested!! I'd love to try the Pliny or Samuel smith nut brown ( happy with either). Thanks!!

I'd sure like to help out. The SS/NC Nut Browns or the Scarfaced Charley Barleywine sound great. I did the Muntons Mexican Cerveza & Muntons Canadian Style Beer this past summer, they were nice lawnmower beers. I think I made 2 of those kits in 1 hour.

I'm in, want to try the tripel kit and see how it compares to my all grain version

Great idea! Is it ok if we keg the beer instead of bottling it? I'm curious to know since you would like a detailed writeup and feedback. There would be no need for the bottle caps and priming sugar. Sorry if this has been answered already, but there are many pages to skim through and the search function doesn't always work for me.

If I was selected I would like to try one of the following extract kits:

Deschutes Chainbreaker WIPA
Lagunitas IPA
New Belgium Fat Tire
Pliny the Elder
Sierra Nevada Flipside
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Sinbad's Victory at C

I'd love to do this. I'm a new brewer with only a few under my belt, so I'd like to think I'd be a good test case. Interested in the Imperial Red or the Pranqster clone. Thanks!

If you're still looking for brewers, I would brew the Mainstay Mist California Common. It's nice to get "back to your roots" brewing extracts every now and again.

George

I'm in! Hook me up with the barleywine and I'll post the brew, bottle, and consumption process over a few months as the beer ages. Been brewing for a few years now, do all grain mostly, but who doesn't love the ease of a great extract kit?

Count me in, I would love to try the Deschutes Red Chair clone. I would gladly document my process and send you feedback. It's been a few years since I've brewed extract so it would be fun!

Hello, I'll throw my hat in the ring and try the sunburnt saison kit if you choose me.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Count me in please : ) I have been wanting to make a brewing video for youtube, and something like this would be perfect for that! I would film everything from unboxing the kit to drinking the first pint. I would do the Almond Joy. Thanks!

Back