Beer in CO2 Line up to Regulator Shutoff/Check Valve: Cleaning Tips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njnear76

Reaction score
So I hooked up to the CO2 post of an over-full keg, and got beer in the CO2 Line up to the regulator combination Shutoff/Check Valve.

There is no beer in the regulator, but I figure at this point that I will replace the lines and need to clean the Shutoff/Check Valve.

It is easy enough to shoot up StarSan up the valve opening when it is closed, but I have no idea if this cleans the Check Valve. It depends on the position of the check valve. Is it closer to the regulator body or on the other side of the shutoff valve?
Maybe I would be better disassembling the whole thing for piece of mind. What are your thoughts?

I took off the shutoff/check valve of the regulator and soaked it.

I played a little with it and it seems there is no way liquid could go past the check valve. In other words if the shutoff valve is in the open position and you pour liquid into the output port, there is no way it will appear on the other end.

Back