Beer Gun using Compression Fittings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barrooze

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the Blichmann Beer Gun, but I don't want to attach the 10' of beer line directly to the 1/4" stainless beer tube. I'll be using the Beer Gun for both sours and non-sours, and would just feel better if I used different beer line for them. I've asked Blichmann if they're planning on offering a Beer Gun with an MFL fitting and the reply is "no".

To get an MFL on the beer line side of the tube, I was thinking about attaching a compression fitting with sleeve to the S/S beer tube. The other side of the fitting would be and MFL thread so I can switch out the beer lines easily (all my beer line has MFL fittings on both ends). Example below:
compression-flare-adapter-lg.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone's done this and had any issues with it?

I thought about that too. I just slide the hose on like the instructions say. You're running such low pressure that you don't even need a hose clamp. When you're done just pull it off and clean it.

Back