Beer glasses temp.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aiko

Reaction score
Hey All,
Wasn't sure where to post this, so as a catch all, i put it here! :off:

A slight observation over the last couple of weeks. When I go to the bar and order a good ol'e domestict beer (Miller, Bud, etc), and they serve it up in a cold frosty mug, it sure tastes good on a hot day. Well, at home I put my glass beer mugs in the freezer and when Im ready to partake, I pour off into the frosty mugs. As im drinking my fresh brewed Hefe, I notice it doesn't taste as good as the one I had yesterday. I then tried a glass that was just kept in the fridge, cold (not frozen). Well the taste of the beer was so much better. Has anyone else every noticed this? Or is it all in my head?
:ban:

basically at a bar that serves Miller/Bud/cheap domestic swill...you're not losing out on any flavor/aroma with an ice cold glass...because there's not much flavor/aroma in the first place.

but whip out a hefe that should have banana and clove esters and put it in a 32 degree glass....and it's missing something for sure.

on a semi-related note, I only drink red wine...particularly merlot. most all red wines should be room temp, or maybe slightly chilled for 5 mins.

My mother in law insists on keeping the merlot in the fridge. ruins a perfectly good wine!

Well, I was going to post a link to the thread I started a couple weeks ago, but Bike n Brew beat me to it!
:tank:

Back