Beer fridge quit working HELP!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUEnder

Reaction score
Help would be appreciated. Anybody familiar with this fridge? It was working this morning. Now it's not running and the internal temp is up to around 70 F. Advice?

image-3442703615.jpg

Check power to it. If it has power start checking the electrical components in the unit. If the components are good it sounds like you have a refrigerant leak and you got no juice. Do you have a multimeter?

I have nothing. Including knowledge of refrigerators. I unplugged it for a while then plugged it back in. Got a very faint hum and some clicking. Didn't cool at all. I'm unplugging it for the night.

If you have no knowledge about this stuff, and dont know anyone that does, start looking on Craigslist. Service call is going to cost more than a new fridge, and that's just to troubleshoot the problem. Could be a bad capacitor, could be a dead compressor, could be a bunch of things, but if you can't diagnose it yourself, you're going to pay through the nose to get it fixed.

If it's a new fridge under warranty, you might still be on the hook for labour, even if the parts are covered. If it's a compressor you're going to pay at least 2 hours labour, so it would make sense to be aware of the terms ahead of time.

Back