Beer deficit: last batch long gone.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarrid

Reaction score
Sigh... My previous batches are ancient history, and my current one is in secondary. I'm thinking about bottling today or tomorrow, but that means it's still at least two weeks of waiting. I'm really jonesing for the taste of them Northern Brewer hops. I've still got about 1/4 oz. leftover.... what would happen if I put them in a pipe and smoked them?!:cross: ...or maybe; there's about a glass worth of sauvignon blanc left in last night's bottle, what would happen if I dropped some hops in there and let them steep until tonight? Maybe it'll be a new taste sensation. Or maybe it'll be horrible and I should just go buy a six pack of IPA instead!

don't screw around and go buy some IPA. Just tell yourself you need more bottles and its more economical to buy them with beer already in them, then drink them. :)

Dude, you better have something in the primary right now as well or you are gonna be in this same situation 6 weeks from now ;) You could use some of them NB hops you have left as an excuse to "get the rest of the ingredients I need..."

Buy yourself another carboy and some commercial brew. All you can do is brew more. Get off this board and go brew. Brew, brew, brew.

yeah, I gotta start another batch real soon. I'm an at-home-dad right now, so i feel like i gotta run it by the wife when i wanna go drop 30-40 bucks for the next batch. but she likes beer too, so it's not a big deal.

anyway, just for the hell of it, I did steep a few hop pellets in a glass of cabernet/shiraz last night, then ran it thru a coffee filter. It wasn't bad!

I'm in the exact opposite situation:D I have a couple cases of Rogue sitting around, a case of DFH 60 minute, my IPA ,an Amber in primary, a razzberry wheat in secondary, and Ed's Apfelwein almost done aging. I actually don't have enough bottles to bottle everything I have..kind of a bittersweet dillemma:D

Dan

Latest posts

Back