Beer Camp Across America

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbaddad

Reaction score
So the 12 packs and cases of Beer Camp Across America just dropped today in San Diego. I searched for a thread on these beers but couldn't find one. I found Costco selling cases for $37. A bit spendy, but Bevmo and others are selling 12 packs for $29. Anyway, has anyone tried these yet?

If so, post your thoughts here. I am chilling them right now in hopes of getting to a couple later this evening.

Cheers!

image.jpg

I haven't tried all of them yet, but pretty much everything has been good. i wasn't a big fan of the Alt Route and nothing has blown my mind yet. The cigar city Maibock, Yonder Bock, is really fruity and an interesting beer that I would buy again. The electric ray IPL is nice too.

I still have a number of others to get through but I think you are paying a lot for the unusual mix of these one-off beers and the "idea" behind the whole thing. I am fine with that. I mainly just think it is fun.

I am sure some people will be disappointed with the beers but you could say that about anything.

I found these at Whole Foods for $21 for the case.
There is even a Russian River brew.
Keep us posted as you drink please...

Smoke signals

Beer Camp, smear camp.

If you can't make enough beer for the craft community, don't go running around the country promoting something 'out-of-reach'.

Very frustrating.

That be said, I love the 'variety to the extreme' idea.

'da Kid

I can say the marketing is done well. The favored shop I hit in Wisconsin is sold out. At 26 bucks for a 12 pack. Not seen any in Minnesota so far. To me that price is really up there. Talking in the range of 2 bucks a brew. (Yes I know that others can go up to 5 or more a 12 oz bottle. Point taken.) To me that if I can snag a 12 pack of it every beer better be outstanding or at least 10 of them. I would like to try it but I'm not going to break my back or bank to get ahold of it.

We bought some when I was at the Whole Foods in NYC last Wed the 16th, first case right off the pallet in the back. I had 4 or 5 before continuing our vacation and left the rest with my buddy. I think we paid about $29 and sure it was cool to have some unique brews from a number of craft breweries, however not a single one we tried was very interesting or made it worthwhile.

IMG_2333.jpg

My awesome local craft beer bar (Cloverleaf Tavern in Caldwell, NJ) had a tap takeover event with all of these beers last night. Unfortunately I had to work all day so by the time I got there, Double Latte and Chico King were kicked. Managed to try all of the others minus the IPL.

My favorite was the Yvan The Great by Russian River. It really had some nice Belgian yeast notes that blend with the Celeia hops. It finishes so crisp and dry like a white wine or champagne. Very enjoyable.

Tater Ridge is a cool concept but it fell a little flat for me. Very sweet and I was hoping to actually taste some sweet potatoes.

Yonder Bock was a different take on a maibock with "tropical flavor" hops. Aroma was apple-y to me but not in an acetaldehyde kind of way. I think I would have liked this better if the flavor/aroma hops were more citrusy.

Just a couple thoughts. Haven't been able to find 12 packs of this anywhere in NJ or NYC but I'm glad I got to try (most of) them.

I was told by total wine that they were selling this for $17.99 a few days before they got it in, walked in the store and saw it for over $20...spoke with the manager and was shocked that they kept their word, grabbed this a month ago for 18bucks, well worth it. never would spend over $20! IPL was awesome, ballast point has their IPL process down

The case that I got had clearly been mishandled. The IPL and the pale ale (Chico King) were toast. There was nothing to them but crystal malts. No hoppiness whatsoever. It's unfortunate, but they were both dumpers.

The rest of the beers fared pretty well, the Belgians and the stouts tasted just fine. I think the tropical maibock and the rye bock were my favorites. Super fruity.

I picked up a 24 bottle case at Costco in Huntington Beach for $37.99.... I've got 4 bottles left ...Yummmmmy

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I too am finishing my way through a case of the camp, very cool concept!
I think the tropical maibock is my favorite of the bunch with the torpedo pilsner running a close second. Oddly enough I swear I can taste the acidulated malt they used in the pilsner and it creates quite a pleasant affect.
:mug:

Tropical maibock was great as everyone has already stated.
The milk stout was another amazing beer.

Those were my two favorites, think I got the case for $25 or $27.

At that price though, the Stone brewing 12 packs mix of arrogant bastard, self righteous black IPA, reg IPA, and Ruination IPA for $25 is what I will keep getting.

Latest posts

Back