Beer brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumpher

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
In the last couple years, there has been an incredible divergence in the preference of brewing. We've seen Hazy, neipa, cold ipa, etc. You name it, it's been created and tried. Some of us still prefer the creation of "non-gentrified", ie old-style beer. I'm not slamming those of you who like this new style and divergence, but it's just not for me. I'm just an old man who likes old-style beer. Cream ales, stouts, hefes are good for me. I don't need anything special.

In the last couple years, there has been an incredible divergence in the preference of brewing. We've seen Hazy, neipa, cold ipa, etc. You name it, it's been created and tried. Some of us still prefer the creation of "non-gentrified", ie old-style beer. I'm not slamming those of you who like this new style and divergence, but it's just not for me. I'm just an old man who likes old-style beer. Cream ales, stouts, hefes are good for me. I don't need anything special.

The beer world is certainly growing and I completely understand your position. I'm not an old man yet, but have found my tastes for the old school or original styles are more my preference.

Not to say that those styles can't be delicious if brewed properly but my days of overly hoppy beers are long gone. Give me a lager or American Wheat beer any day.

Back