Beer bottle Question??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Reaction score
This is kind of a dumb question but I'm still a newbie too all of this! Can I reuse any bottles to bottle my home brew in? of course taking them through cleaning and sanitizing! like a used new Fat Tire bottle?

Any cleaner that works good to get the labels off?

As long as their pop top bottles,no twist offs. I soak them in PBW solution overnight,then take a dobie & bottle brush to scrub'em real quick inside & out. Rinse,onto the bottle tree to dry,then into covered boxes for storage till needed.

I've never got bottles at a LHBS. I just reuse the ones I emptied prior, making sure they are not screw off tops. After a nice cleaning and removing labels they are good to go!

It really helps if, immediately after pouring a commercial brew or even your own homebrew, to rinse the bottle out and let it dry. I've hardly ever had to scrub out a bottle ever. Cheers!

Soak the bottles in the sink, water with oxyclean free. Its cheap and most labels fall off after a while when soaked. Dogfish Head and Sierra Navada bottles have really easy to remove labels...

I have never...NEVER...N-E-V-E-R...purchased beer bottles without beer in them! When they are empty, simply make certain that, before storage, they are CLEAN. And before bottling, make certain that they are SANITIZED.

glenn514:mug:

I throw bottles into a bathtub of piping hot water and soak for about 15 minutes. About 75% of labels will easily just peel off, then I get the rest of them off with a steel wool scrub and some elbow grease.

AND you can grab those 4-six pack/case cardboard boxes from the liquor store and use for storage.

Back