Beer backflowing but I have check valves.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hootowl

Reaction score
The infamous back flow into the CO2 line issue. I often forget about the pressure differential and beer shoots up the CO2 line. I disconnected the line at the valve at the regulator and removed the valve. It does have a check valve. I'm confused. Beer still backflows. I'm thinking I need a check valve up close to the keg connection?

Beer will back flow to wherever you set your check valve. In my setup of 3 kegs, I use 3 check valves.

I'll throw that back at you ....

When beers flowing out of your keg in a place that you dont want it ...where do you put the check valve?

I know it sounds that simple. I guess I was thinking the check valve at the valve located at the regulator would still work since it's not allowing anything to move but I guess the CO2 compresses, allowing beer to go up the line. They should make ball locks with integrated check valves.

On edit I just found out that they do!

If you cut your gas dip tubes down to a scant 1/2" total length it'll provide more margin for overfilled kegs...

Cheers!
I use a liquid ball lock to force carb at 30psi. The gas bubbles up from the bottom

Back