Beer Alchemy App Problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmarsh544

Reaction score
I have been using the beer alchemy app i my iphone for years and have loved it. I just upgraded my iPhone and when I went to open the app it said the app is no longer offered. I had already wiped my old phone and now I feel like I lost all of my recipes and brew data for the last 5 years or so. Anyone have any insight or information on this app and if it will be renewed in the App Store? I have emailed the developer and am hoping for a response as well.

I had already wiped my old phone and now I feel like I lost all of my recipes and brew data for the last 5 years or so

It's been a while since I added apps to my older iOS devices. So this may not work, but it may be worth a try: if you have your old phone and wifi access, try downloading the app onto your old phone.

I have been using the beer alchemy app i my iphone for years and have loved it. I just upgraded my iPhone and when I went to open the app it said the app is no longer offered. I had already wiped my old phone and now I feel like I lost all of my recipes and brew data for the last 5 years or so. Anyone have any insight or information on this app and if it will be renewed in the App Store? I have emailed the developer and am hoping for a response as well.

When I upgraded my iPhone I had to buy the new version in the App Store.

I'm in the same boat, new phone and can't get the app because it's no longer in the app store. Fortunately I hadn't wiped the old phone and have the mac version and ipad version as well so may data is safe. I exported all the recipes to beerxml on the desktop. very sad because i've used it for ten years. would have been nice to get an email that he was discontinuing support and pulling the app from the app store.

Emailed the developer a few days ago and no reply. I was hopefully that maybe apple had pulled the app for some reason or it needed an update for the newest IOS but I went to the website and you can't download the desktop version there either.

Is there no way to backup an app on an iPhone and use that file on the new iPhone?
In the 'Droid world, I'd make an APK backup file out of the app, copy that to the new phone (or any other 'Droid) and execute it to install the app there...

Cheers!

Unfortunately Apple has relied on reloading apps from the App Store and not backups and recently removed app sync to iTunes which would allow loading apps that are no longer in the App Store. Disappointing.

Got this message back. Removing functioning apps for people that paid for them is pretty bad.

Attachments

• 8CC273AA-3F64-4CFA-9661-19B2F9FF89B2.jpeg
    8CC273AA-3F64-4CFA-9661-19B2F9FF89B2.jpeg
    456.2 KB · Views: 460
I mean it’s not that bad. Since the software has been deprecated, I would be making a change anyway this just kind of Forced the issue

I just ran into this problem myself and I know this is an older post but I found a solution! It includes having an app on your computer called iMazing. I was able to pull the apps .ipa file off my old device and install in on the new. You all probably no longer have your old devices with the app on it but I THINK I'd be able to send you the .ipa file I extracted and you'd be able to install it on your new devices using iMazing.

Hit me up with some private messages if you're interested and we'll see what we can do.

I just ran into this problem myself and I know this is an older post but I found a solution! It includes having an app on your computer called iMazing. I was able to pull the apps .ipa file off my old device and install in on the new. You all probably no longer have your old devices with the app on it but I THINK I'd be able to send you the .ipa file I extracted and you'd be able to install it on your new devices using iMazing.

Hit me up with some private messages if you're interested and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks for the lead! I felt so ripped off after spending $20 on that app. I was able to make the backup, but do not see how the iMazing software allows me to put the app on my new phone. It seems to be willing to restore to my old phone, but not the new. Please help if you have the time! Cheers, friends. At least beer still tastes good during a pandemic.

Ed

Thanks for the lead! I felt so ripped off after spending $20 on that app. I was able to make the backup, but do not see how the iMazing software allows me to put the app on my new phone. It seems to be willing to restore to my old phone, but not the new. Please help if you have the time! Cheers, friends. At least beer still tastes good during a pandemic.

Ed
I found the directions and can confirm that this works! Link; Manage and Download Apps (.ipa) without iTunes

Thanks, muledogus!

Hey Muledogus....I just upgraded my iPhone & having the same issue with BeerAlchemy. Would it be possible to send the file over my way too ([email protected])? Thanks!

Hey Muledogus....I just upgraded my iPhone & having the same issue with BeerAlchemy. Would it be possible to send the file over my way too ([email protected])? Thanks!
Sure. I can’t get to the computer right now but I’ll send it as soon as I get a chance.

I have to say though. Since this all happened, I’ve started to use Brewfather and love it. I haven’t used beer alchemy since.

Sure. I can’t get to the computer right now but I’ll send it as soon as I get a chance.

I have to say though. Since this all happened, I’ve started to use Brewfather and love it. I haven’t used beer alchemy since.

Awesome...thanks! I’ll check out Brewfather too, but can’t hurt to have the BeerAlchemy app file just in case. Cheers!

Could you post instructions on how to use IMazing to install the app? I have the .ipa file from an old backup

Thanks for the heads up Muledogus, I managed to export the .ipa file from my iPad and import it into my iPhone with iMazing!
ps. Brewfather does look pretty good, but I’d miss my Suggest-a-Beer feature.

Could you post instructions on how to use IMazing to install the app? I have the .ipa file from an old backup

I don't quite remember how as I was kind of just tinkering around with it at the time to get it to work. Someone in this thread posted a link that may help. Or maybe one of these guys who has done it recently could help with that.

I don't quite remember how as I was kind of just tinkering around with it at the time to get it to work. Someone in this thread posted a link that may help. Or maybe one of these guys who has done it recently could help with that.

Ohhh it worked!! You just go into "File System" in the phone menu then "Apps" then drag and drop the .ipa file (which you can get from a backup of a phone that has it...then move the backup to a folder and search for BeerAlchemy)

Just synced back up with my Mac's database. Sooo happy to have this. back on my phone

This is incredible news! could you please email me .ios file as well?

[email protected]

Thanks bunches :mischievous:

Looks like the latest update to iOS blocked this app yet again. This time for an unsupported signature, should be gone for good:

BeerAlchemy installation failed.

Details:
The code signature version is no longer supported.

Oh yeah. Won’t open on my phone anymore. Glad I made the transition to Brewfather shortly after posting about how to re-install it.

Back