Beauty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alextuttle

Reaction score
Do you ever pour out the first bottle from a batch and stare at it's beauty? This was my second batch (Caribou Slobber) and it is mighty delicious and pretty to look at. Brewing is such a pride filled experience. Cheers!

20141211_173246.jpg

After who knows how many batches, @Alextuttle , I still do that. Had an IPA that I made last summer a few nights ago that is just brilliantly clear, a beautiful deep gold color with a lovely, off white and long-lasting head. A thing of beauty.

I'm guilty of this too. From the initial pour to the lacing. I'm watching the whole experience of my beer. It's our right to! After all, we did spend time, effort and money creating it. We should enjoy it to the fullest! :mug:

I am certainly guilty of this. It's a pride of being able to say that you created it with your own hands.

Also, in what other hobby can you say that Caribou Slobber is a thing of beauty?

The time and effort makes the spoils of the victory that much more sweet! Looking forward to getting my next batch going as soon as I can.

I do it for every batch I make. Hell, I can be almost done with a batch and still do it. There is nothing quite like pouring the perfect pint of a batch of beer you made. The experience is even better when you see other people drinking your beer and admiring the pour as well as the taste!

Nice to know I am not the only one who does this. I know beer has been made for centuries all over the world, but sometimes I am amazed at the one I made.

I love the whole experience, from the smell of the mash, to the boil, to sniffing the airlock and watching the fermenter, to the final product- the beauty, the smell, the taste.

With phones with cameras I take a picture of every beer I make. Every pint I pour I look at it as I watch it mature. Then I say to myself that is a damn good beer.

Back