Beatification Release Dec 14th @9AM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That line did move faster at first. Also, there's a difference between doing something badly and being an *******, but I guess that's too fine a distinction for you to understand.
I was at the front of the to go line, and it didn't really move faster at any point unless you're talking about right at 9am. I'm gonna say I was maybe 25th or so in the to go line and waited until just before 11 to get bottles. Meanwhile guys that got there after I did walked into the pub and left with cases before I bought bottles.

Do agree that there's a difference between being an ******* and doing something badly though.

I was at the front of the to go line, and it didn't really move faster at any point unless you're talking about right at 9am. I'm gonna say I was maybe 25th or so in the to go line and waited until just before 11 to get bottles. Meanwhile guys that got there after I did walked into the pub and left with cases before I bought bottles.

Do agree that there's a difference between being an ******* and doing something badly though.
Hmm, my buddy who was in it went through the line pretty quickly while we barely moved in the pub line. I think it was moving faster at some points. It was definitely weird, even with only cashier I still don't see how the pub line moves faster, service inside wasn't particularly fast...

Hmm, my buddy who was in it went through the line pretty quickly while we barely moved in the pub line. I think it was moving faster at some points. It was definitely weird, even with only cashier I still don't see how the pub line moves faster, service inside wasn't particularly fast...
If by "some points," you mean, "for maybe 10 minutes total," you might be right. I would guess I was less than an hour from getting in the pub when Natalie told me to switch lines, and it took me 90 minutes to move at all once I got in the bottle line. Absurd.

If by "some points," you mean, "for maybe 10 minutes total," you might be right. I would guess I was less than an hour from getting in the pub when Natalie told me to switch lines, and it took me 90 minutes to move at all once I got in the bottle line. Absurd.
It was really longer than that. There was a point in time where the pub line was literally not moving. I think I spent about an hour standing right near the fountain. But I think that was because it was right around when they opened the kitchen, so no one was leaving. It started moving slowly but surely after that.

It was really longer than that. There was a point in time where the pub line was literally not moving. I think I spent about an hour standing right near the fountain. But I think that was because it was right around when they opened the kitchen, so no one was leaving. It started moving slowly but surely after that.
Makes sense. I still would have been better off staying put. So frustrating.

Where did the bottles of Beat being gone from the brewpub information come from?

This may be the greatest thread ever. Dude is getting beat so, SO hard and seems oblivious to it all.
Beat?
beatification.jpg

photo credit to dontdrinkbeer

I'm honestly surprised people didn't realize how much more quickly Beat would sell out this year, or that line cutting would run rampant.

I genuinely thought everyone understood that craft beer 2013 was the epitomy of shitty experiences.

So far we've had KRBC February Citra release and CFH as the worst offenders, but even FFAC this year was absurd. And that's just in this state.

Lines for releases or going to start earlier and earlier and demand increases and supply either cannot or will not increase to match. More people are going to be shut out for complacency.

And the folks clamoring for BPT style releases are going to find themselves eating crow as more BPT releases happen in the same vein as this years KBS release.

In case anyone missed the memo, beer sucks now and will only suck worse going forward.

Of course it's intentional. They could, for example, take a page out of Troegs Splinter Gold playbook and just brew the beer and then sell the beer on-site sans release party/announcement/facebook and twitter posts months before the release. It would all sell out and it would eliminate much to all of the havoc.

They'll never admit it, but breweries love the **** shows their brewery-only releases cause, the threads bitching about the release chaos and the line-cutters and the overnight campers, etc. They get to stand back, give you one of these ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, claim ignorance, and rake in the cash. It's genius, really, and I don't blame them.
No matter what we do, you'll still buy our beer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm honestly surprised people didn't realize how much more quickly Beat would sell out this year, or that line cutting would run rampant.

I am not surprised by line cutting, but I was caught completely off-guard by how fast it sold out. 20% price increase, in a major shopping-holiday month, on the tail end of multiple seasonal releases, with (supposedly) 10% more bottles. It lasted for six weeks in 2012 -- to drop to 4 days is shocking.

On the other hand, maybe the sellout speed will finally shut down the goandpickitupformebro requests.

Lines for releases or going to start earlier and earlier and demand increases and supply either cannot or will not increase to match. More people are going to be shut out for complacency.

A fact I'm fine with, really. I like Beatification, but most of what I picked up is going to other folks and a little is stashed in reserve for trading for HF. If I hadn't gotten it, I would not be that bummed out.

As a thought exercise, I made a list of year-round and seasonal beers (that don't require tons of effort to get) and realized I can drink pretty happily year round without attending these releases. That's why I skipped the opening day of the release and held a tasting, instead.

What DOES bum me out is that I'll have to miss Younger at the pub. The lines are intolerable.

What DOES bum me out is that I'll have to miss Younger at the pub. The lines are intolerable.
I'll let you know when it goes on a Beer Rev. Much nicer to be able to sit back, drink as much as you want, and not need to drive afterward.

Also, I'm pretty much in the same spot as you. Between lambic ordered from Belgium, easy releases like Eclipse/BCBS/Bruery, and kegs from local breweries, very few of my beer desires are going unmet.

I'm not sure if I'll go up first day for the next beat release, I actually had fun doing it so there's a decent chance I will.

I genuinely thought everyone understood that craft beer 2013 was the epitomy of shitty experiences.
Bruh, you should really try to make it to a Darkness Day. It will restore your hope in neckbeard kind. My highlights from this year:
  • Reubgasm courtesy of ObiWanKushnobi
  • Admiring stxSS07 as he glided his way across the parking lot and straight into my heart
  • Watching Sender1 throw down like a man four times his size (he still scares me)
  • Pre-gaming at minnesotaryan's place with e30todamax
  • Daddy backfat teaching me how to do push ups (thx for not peeing on me cheers!)
  • biglobo8971 being a ****ing generous ****
  • DoctorRock with Uncle Keith in tow
  • Penguin3200 showing up last minute and forcing CS Reserve **** down my throat (Don't think I forgot...I will get you back)
  • yamar68 doing his best drunken Crip walk
  • jeblikesbeer slapping me in the face with a slice of pizza (IIRC)
  • Mother****ing cracked out zombie stealing a car while two bros were passed out in the back seat
You CA guys do what you want, I think MN has got this whole beer release thing down to a science.

Last edited:
Bruh, you should really try to make it to a Darkness Day. It will restore your hope in neckbeard kind. My highlights:
  • Admiring stxSS07 as he glided his way across the parking lot and straight into my heart
  • Watching Sender1 throw down like a man four times his size (he still scares me)
  • Daddy backfat teaching me how to do push ups (thx for not peeing on me cheers!)
  • Penguin3200 showing up last minute and forcing CS Reserve **** down my throat. (Don't think I forgot...I will get you back)
  • Mother****ing cracked out zombie stealing a car while two bros were passed out in the front seat
You CA guys do what you want, I think MN has got this whole beer release thing down to a science.

Srs best party ever. Will never miss again if I can help it.

Between lambic ordered from Belgium, easy releases like Eclipse/BCBS/Bruery, and kegs from local breweries, very few of my beer desires are going unmet.

Fixed for me. Beers I have decided to skip, and save money on:

- All FW special releases (except Parabola, 1 Sucaba, and 1 anniversary if it looks good)
- All Eclipses
- All Deschutes seasonals (they've gotten terrible, except maybe Abyss)
- All Bruery

Beers I want to snarf like a madman:

- Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin', Sucks
- Drake's 1500, Hopocalypse, Aroma Prieta
- Trumer Pils
- Russian River Row 2 and regular sours
- Deschutes Black Butte Porter, Red Chair
- Anchor Porter
- Stone Enjoy By, Old Guardian, Double Bastard
- Victory Prima Pils (if I can find it fresh)
- Weihenstephaner
- Orval
- BCBS

Not to mention regulars I can trade for easily:

- Founders Porter, FBS
- Bell's Hopslam (arguably easy)
- Surly Furious, Abrasive, Coffee Bender
- Alpine Nelson, Duet, Pure Hoppiness

The sad part, in looking over the list above, is how many I haven't even had in 2013. I need to look at this list before thinking about spending time in line.

Bruh, you should really try to make it to a Darkness Day. It will restore your hope in neckbeard kind. My highlights:
  • Penguin3200 showing up last minute and forcing CS Reserve **** down my throat. (Don't think I forgot...I will get you back)
  • Mother****ing cracked out zombie stealing a car while two bros were passed out in the front seat
weirdly i have 0 memory of that... there may be some ass slapage going on but why would i wast pizza getting it stuck to your face o_O

Srs, I think darkness day may be the one limited releases attempt to attend next year. Really depends on whether or not I can ride StarRaptor 's coat tails with places to crash/airport rides etc.

I am not surprised by line cutting, but I was caught completely off-guard by how fast it sold out. 20% price increase, in a major shopping-holiday month, on the tail end of multiple seasonal releases, with (supposedly) 10% more bottles. It lasted for six weeks in 2012 -- to drop to 4 days is shocking.

On the other hand, maybe the sellout speed will finally shut down the goandpickitupformebro requests.

A fact I'm fine with, really. I like Beatification, but most of what I picked up is going to other folks and a little is stashed in reserve for trading for HF. If I hadn't gotten it, I would not be that bummed out.

As a thought exercise, I made a list of year-round and seasonal beers (that don't require tons of effort to get) and realized I can drink pretty happily year round without attending these releases. That's why I skipped the opening day of the release and held a tasting, instead.

i think the case limit is the reason it sold out so fast. i think that swayed a lot of people to make the trip up from southern california. 10% increase in quantity but arguably a 50% reduction in sales transactions will make it move quicker.

Srs, I think darkness day may be the one limited releases attempt to attend next year. Really depends on whether or not I can ride StarRaptor 's coat tails with places to crash/airport rides etc.
So much like! The only kind of surfing we do out here is of the couch variety. I'll start knitting a blanky for you now.

So far we've had KRBC February Citra release and CFH as the worst offenders, but even FFAC this year was absurd. And that's just in this state.

And the folks clamoring for BPT style releases are going to find themselves eating crow as more BPT releases happen in the same vein as this years KBS release.

In case anyone missed the memo, beer sucks now and will only suck worse going forward.
**** that mess. Bruery RS, FTW.

As a thought exercise, I made a list of year-round and seasonal beers (that don't require tons of effort to get) and realized I can drink pretty happily year round without attending these releases.
Pretty much the same. I would've liked to hook people up (DanzBorin ), but I got to CA today and it's gone. Oh well, I'll have it on draught in a few days.
There's always great beer shelf-turding it up year-round or seasonally.

Figure Arbitrator will get a laugh from this story:

After Theodore Swimmer posted on RRBC's Facebook page about Perry's selling Beat I got a phone call from Diego. He asked if I knew who that was and said that "N-word expletive always be hating on Perry's". I just told him that they shouldn't sell from the back if they don't wanna risk their RR distro being taken with which he responds "we're not selling to every customer, only regulars. But if you come in, I'll hook you up at cost if you go on FB and say that this dude is lying and we aren't selling in the back". Simply told him that I wouldn't lie for them much less buy illegally sold beer and he hung up on me. Idk if they'll lose RR distro, but I know that they're worried now

I wish every beer release ever would run like the lines at GABF. That line was like a mile long, yet we were inside within several minutes. AND they had volunteers watching for people cutting the line, and would tell em to get to the back.

Bruh, you should really try to make it to a Darkness Day. It will restore your hope in neckbeard kind. My highlights from this year:
  • Penguin3200 showing up last minute and forcing CS Reserve **** down my throat (Don't think I forgot...I will get you back)
  • yamar68 doing his best drunken Crip walk
  • Mother****ing cracked out zombie stealing a car while two bros were passed out in the back seat
Is there a link to the zombie stealing a car story?

Latest posts

Back