Beatification Release Dec 14th @9AM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very. No raised voice or swearing. I know not to piss of security or anyone who controls access to something I may want. I said it was unacceptable given all the other hundred of people waiting patiently and only held us up as he haggled to get in. Guess they had enough advice from the peanut gallery on how to better run the event.

They said it would be better if I left and took my business elsewhere. Like where Pyramid!?!

And I had my cash and id out ready to gom didn't fumble for my discover or dinners club card
This was the worst beer release I've ever been to. The only redeeming factor was that there was clearly going to be enough Beat for everyone in line to get some. Otherwise it was an epic ******** - the line to get into the pub moved twice as fast as the line to just buy bottles. How does that even work?!

U ever get the feeling its intentional?
Of course it's intentional. They could, for example, take a page out of Troegs Splinter Gold playbook and just brew the beer and then sell the beer on-site sans release party/announcement/facebook and twitter posts months before the release. It would all sell out and it would eliminate much to all of the havoc.

They'll never admit it, but breweries love the **** shows their brewery-only releases cause, the threads bitching about the release chaos and the line-cutters and the overnight campers, etc. They get to stand back, give you one of these ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, claim ignorance, and rake in the cash. It's genius, really, and I don't blame them.

Last edited:
Of course it's intentional. They could, for example, take a page out of Troegs Splinter Gold playbook and just brew the beer and then sell the beer on-site sans release party/announcement/facebook and twitter posts months before the release. It would all sell out and it would eliminate much to all of the havoc.

They'll never admit it, but breweries love the **** shows their brewery-only releases cause, the threads bitching about the release chaos and the line-cutters and the overnight campers, etc. They get to stand back, give you one of these ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, claim ignorance, and rake in the cash. It's genius, really, and I don't blame them.
I like to ask myself what's worse, the dickhead breweries with shitty releases, or the dickheads that never fail show up to said releases? It's like they feed off each other....................

From my perspective it really wasn't that bad. I got in line at 8, stayed in the pub line the whole time, and got in at noon. Slow? Yeah, but I expected the pub line to be slow, there's not a lot they can do about that. Beat on tap was great, food was great, and for how slammed they were the service was great. Even got to chat with Vinnie a bit (he said they kegged a ton, he expects it to last 4 months on tap. We'll see about that, but it at least won't run out today).

That being said, they clearly screwed up the bottle line. Having it run through the pub was moronic, having one person staff it was so far beyond stupid that words fail me. All they needed was to have 4-5 people doing bottles (like they did last year!) then run it through the brewery ONLY, and the bottle line would have flown. It's so easy to make this work well, it's baffling that they got it so badly wrong.

Very. No raised voice or swearing. I know not to piss of security or anyone who controls access to something I may want. I said it was unacceptable given all the other hundred of people waiting patiently and only held us up as he haggled to get in. Guess they had enough advice from the peanut gallery on how to better run the event.

They said it would be better if I left and took my business elsewhere. Like where Pyramid!?!

And I had my cash and id out ready to gom didn't fumble for my discover or dinners club card
Holy ****.

Talk about coming unglued. Head-high

Everyone is sucking Natalie's dick on the Facebook update. Fanboys gonna fanboy.
Alternatively, this release actually went pretty smoothly for a lot of people. The pub line was moving pretty well all things considered. The bottle line was just FUBARed...

According to the FB page, bottles are popping up in retail stores. Looks like someone's going to get their Russian River distro pulled....

They're selling it out the back the same way they sold Shadow of a Doubt. Already emailed them about it though.

Diego's response to the comment posted on RR's Facebook page about Perry's selling Beatification and Shadow of a Doubt:

"Why are you lying about us selling beer that's not cool bro and

No one sold shadow of the doubt please tell me who purchased any of that from us you such a liar and a hater"

That's not cool bro and.

Diego's response to the comment posted on RR's Facebook page about Perry's selling Beatification and Shadow of a Doubt:

"Why are you lying about us selling beer that's not cool bro and

No one sold shadow of the doubt please tell me who purchased any of that from us you such a liar and a hater"

That's not cool bro and.
You're the one that commented on the post mentioning them? Lol

They had about 2 cases of Shadow of a Doubt in their back room, this was when I was on better terms with them, someone threatened to call ABC and they continued selling it but kept it at the bar instead. Same as they did with their $11/can of Heady Topper.

****, I just pulled these off their Facebook:

perrys1_zps7321939f.jpg

perrys2_zps982ff065.jpg

perrys3_zps5be3bf5d.jpg

And he's got the balls to say they're not reselling beer illegally? Ok.

The Peche n Brett somehow was a gift from Logsdon's. They also had Helldorado and Parabajava. The others were all sold illegally. A long with Cascade Strawberry, Elderberry, Figaro, Vlad, Manhattan NW and Tangerine Dream and HotD Bourbon Fred and Michael. Wanna play guess the prices?

The Peche n Brett somehow was a gift from Logsdon's. They also had Helldorado and Parabajava. The others were all sold illegally. A long with Cascade Strawberry, Elderberry, Figaro, Vlad, Manhattan NW and Tangerine Dream and HotD Bourbon Fred and Michael. Wanna play guess the prices?

It's not the Peche 'n' Brett -- it's the Heady Topper. I saw Bourbon Fred and Michael on their FB before, but they're cleaning up the page now I think. Hence the screengrab. Theodore is temporarily on FB timeout, but when I get posting privileges again, I will post the screencaps to Russian River's Facebook page.

These screen grabs?
tB4GJUV.png

hcpnEHO.png

And since we're discussing illegally selling beers...I'm assuming Santa Clara Liquors didn't accidentally get City Beer's Wanderer shipment or an accidental BBA 5 Golden Rings shipment.
lDqfgw4.jpg

I meant the screengrabs I posted above from Perry's Liquor's page. They used to have more "Great news! This beer is now illegally in stock!" posts, but they are cleaning them up. So I screencapped and saved.

I just e-mailed them to RR, actually.

Santa Clara Liquors, geez. I ran into Dee, I'm sure Bobby's Liquors is selling Beatification as well.

I meant the screengrabs I posted above from Perry's Liquor's page. They used to have more "Great news! This beer is now illegally in stock!" posts, but they are cleaning them up. So I screencapped and saved.

I just e-mailed them to RR, actually.

Santa Clara Liquors, geez. I ran into Dee, I'm sure Bobby's Liquors is selling Beatification as well.
Heard this morning that Bobby's was selling HF Arthur for $32 out the back recently.

And bathroomlaughter, ABC sees this as low priority since they aren't a detriment to the community. That's the response I got from them when I first emailed them about Perry's

These guys are not making big money off of this. Why even bother? Literally in the time and effort it took to get these beers, you could make the same profit going around and picking up cans or with a cup out in front of a 7/11.
They are scum for doing it and stupid for doing so.

It's terrible that RR continues to self distribute to those guys. Taps in Petaluma and Beer Craft in Rohnert Park would love to have RR products for their customers. Hopefully in the next few days there are two less Livermore locations receiving RR.
The sad thing is that unless they can identify who I muling the beer for them, it will continue even if they pull distro. They have no problem standing in line for Beatification; what's going to stop them from picking up Pliny through that route.

Unless the ABC starts caring (and I would think increased revenue from fines would be enough reason for them to look into it) then this will continue to occur.

The sad thing is that unless they can identify who I muling the beer for them, it will continue even if they pull distro. They have no problem standing in line for Beatification; what's going to stop them from picking up Pliny through that route.
No one is going to pay $15 for Pliny.

The thing I really don't understand about this is that there's is NO WAY this is worth their time. These people are just too moronic to factor in all the costs, and that's why it happens.

No one is going to pay $15 for Pliny.

The thing I really don't understand about this is that there's is NO WAY this is worth their time. These people are just too moronic to factor in all the costs, and that's why it happens.
I don't know man. Normally, I'd agree with you, but it's getting crazy enough that someone might pay $15 for Pliny.

I suspect that they go through the trouble just to get people in the door. They probably see it as a form of advertising.

why should they drop the ban hammer when they can not organize a release??? 2 10 year olds could have done better in organization.
If you can not put out signs and have proper staff to handle the volume of people why do any of you give them a break???
I hate to say it as an American but another US brewery that has it's head up it's ass in the retail department and makes a 3rd world country look organized.

why should they drop the ban hammer when they can not organize a release??? 2 10 year olds could have done better in organization.
If you can not put out signs and have proper staff to handle the volume of people why do any of you give them a break???
I hate to say it as an American but another US brewery that has it's head up it's ass in the retail department and makes a 3rd world country look organized.
I heard everything was going smoothly on Saturday until some bloke showed up with a knife and an oil can of Fosters.

Who cares? Do you think RR cares? Did they have a problem selling their beer? If the process went smoother would they have made more money? I still went back for a second day and bought food/beer/growler.

This is two separate issues. The fact that the release wasn't handle very well has nothing to do with stores illegally selling Beatification. This is an issue regardless of how the release went.

I should read and trust your opinion over that of others including my friends who were there? Not to mention scathing reports all over the place here, Facebook, and other places.

RR runs beer releases in the absolute most assholish way possible in 2013. Why do an online sale when you can **** your patrons instead and put them in a "to go" line for 6 hours? HEY BRO THIS LINE IS FASTER! <--- lol
That line did move faster at first. Also, there's a difference between doing something badly and being an *******, but I guess that's too fine a distinction for you to understand.

Back