Bears or Saints?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who will win?

• Bears

• Saints

Results are only viewable after voting.
If the Pats DON'T win today (and I really don't know how that game will go; the only thing that gives me comfort is that no one seems to be giving New England a chance), I'll be rooting for either the Bears or the Saints over Indy. With that said, New Orleans is just such a good all-around team this year, especially on offense. It'll probably come down to Grossman - he makes a couple spectacular plays, Chicago pulls it off, or he bombs, they don't have a chance.

the season may as well be over IMHO

cant stand the Pats
still haven't forgiven the Colts
tired to death of hearing about New orleans and the Saints
it willbe a cold day b4 I pull for the Bears

where is Nader when you need him?

I'm holding my hatred for the Bears aside.

I do think the Saints have too many weapons though. And I don't know about you guys, but I can't trust Rex. I predict we'll see Griese at some point today.

If the Saints can contain Hester and not give up any TDs to the Bears defense, they'll win.

Saints 24 Bears 17

the_bird said:
If the Pats DON'T win today (and I really don't know how that game will go; the only thing that gives me comfort is that no one seems to be giving New England a chance), I'll be rooting for either the Bears or the Saints over Indy. With that said, New Orleans is just such a good all-around team this year, especially on offense. It'll probably come down to Grossman - he makes a couple spectacular plays, Chicago pulls it off, or he bombs, they don't have a chance.

Your Pats have had the Colts' number for the last few years--why loathe Manning so much? He completely embarassed un on Thanksgiving a few years ago and I still can't find a reason to dislike the guy.

I personally cannot stand the Pack or Favre, but I still pulled for them when they went to the Super Bowl.

Dude said:
I'm holding my hatred for the Bears aside.

I do think the Saints have too many weapons though. And I don't know about you guys, but I can't trust Rex. I predict we'll see Griese at some point today.

If the Saints can contain Hester and not give up any TDs to the Bears defense, they'll win.

Saints 24 Bears 17

Did everyone in America forget about Griese? How about getting tackled by a dog? How about falling down on his face in his driveway?

Lovie Smith is quite literally saying "I know Griese better than you do, and GROSSMAN is our QB!!!"

Cheesefood said:
Did everyone in America forget about Griese? How about getting tackled by a dog? How about falling down on his face in his driveway?

Lovie Smith is quite literally saying "I know Griese better than you do, and GROSSMAN is our QB!!!"

Don't you think a little ego is involved there though? I mean come on. Grossman should have been benched many times this year. Lovie doesn't want to look stupid, so he is still playing him. If grossman has a bad first half--you'll see Griese today.

The best line that I've heard about Bears fans... you can tell how loyal they are, and that they clearly never watch any other teams play football, if they're calling for Griese to be their QB. It wouldn't shock me, if Grossman throw three picks and the Bears are down, to see Griese in there - but that would be a move borne of pure desperation.

Flyin' Lion said:
Your Pats have had the Colts' number for the last few years--why loathe Manning so much? He completely embarassed un on Thanksgiving a few years ago and I still can't find a reason to dislike the guy.

I personally cannot stand the Pack or Favre, but I still pulled for them when they went to the Super Bowl.

I have respect for Manning, but I just don't particularly care for him. And, it would be like Puumba rooting for the Bears, I just can't do it. The Colts are our rivals, more than anyone else, I can't root for them under any circumstances (well, maybe against the Raiders).

Dude said:
Don't you think a little ego is involved there though? I mean come on. Grossman should have been benched many times this year. Lovie doesn't want to look stupid, so he is still playing him. If grossman has a bad first half--you'll see Griese today.

Could it be the same reason that the Pack never thought about playing Rodgers? They see him in practice every day - and he really does suck.

Peyton Manning is my least favorite player in the NFL. Wach him. He is constantly whining, he takes every opportunity to blame everyone else. Last year he threw his lineman under the bus. I'm surprised they didn't let him killed to teach him a lesson.

While I respect his QB skills, I have no sympathy for him as a "teammate".

So people who wanted Griese aren't real Bears fans? I disagree. I thought Grossman should have been benched after saying he didn't really prepare for the 2nd Packers game. Sexy "Midnight" Rexy deserved a spot on the bench for that. He has played well recently with the exception of that Packers game. I don't think he'll have a horrible game and I don't think Lovie will bench him. Why would he bench him today if he hasn't benched him all season?
Bears need turnovers, hopefully Bush will fumble a punt and they Bears can get on the board early. I hope the Bears win but like I said in another thread, my head says Saints.
As for the Pats, I learned a while ago not to pick against them and I will continue to follow that until someone proves me wrong. I want the Colts to win but I can't go against Bellicheck.

Dude said:

Why? How often did Aaron Rogers come out this season? Favre had some bad games.

You've got to stay with your guy. Grossman might throw some bad passes, but he's throwing where they tell him to throw. He's not calling plays, Ron Rivera is telling him to throw into coverage.

Remember: even if the Bears had lost all the games they should have, they'd still have been a 9-7 team. But they're a 14-4 team because Grossman can be PHENOMENAL when he takes the game seriously.

I selected Saints but I think it all comes down to the Bears defense. If they can become the same D they had in the 1st half of the season, they should win. If not, I think the Saints offense has way too many options.

I need to watch more Sportscenter, I have not been adequetly exposed to Manning's whining.

I don't get enough coverage of Lions' football on TV and I can't sit through an hour of Basketball/Baseball coverage to hear what little they have to say about Detroit.

I personally don't care for poor sportsmanship/bad teammates either, but I have yet to see anything that makes me dislike Manning.

Cheesefood said:
Why? How often did Aaron Rogers come out this season? Favre had some bad games.

Grossman isn't a first ballot Hall of Famer either. Grossman hasn't proved ****e.

Cheesefood said:
You've got to stay with Grossman might throw some bad passes, but he's throwing where they tell him to throw. He's not calling plays, Ron Rivera is telling him to throw into coverage.

You mean Ron Turner, right?

Cheesefood said:
Remember: even if the Bears had lost all the games they should have, they'd still have been a 9-7 team. But they're a 14-4 team because Grossman can be PHENOMENAL when he takes the game seriously.

Phenomenal? OMFG...that's laughable.

Lay off the homebrew Cheese!

Flyin' Lion said:
I personally don't care for poor sportsmanship/bad teammates either, but I have yet to see anything that makes me dislike Manning.

I hate the all his pointing antics while under center. You can do it sometimes, but every friggen play?

Dude said:
Phenomenal? OMFG...that's laughable.

Lay off the homebrew Cheese!

He lead the league in games with a rating >100.

And yeah, I meant Turner.

And no, I won't quit drinking. Go work on your bar.

Cheesefood said:
He lead the league in games with a rating >100.

And yeah, I meant Turner.

And no, I won't quit drinking. Go work on your bar.

And he also led the league in games with a rating of <3. Next?

Well, can the Saints play much worse than this in the second half?

that field is a mess. guys are a slipping on both sides. I'm pleasantly surprised how the Bears played the 1st half but that last drive by the Saints must have really given them some confidence. I've stopped screaming at the tv, hopefully the lead doesn't get any smaller to so I can remain calm.

todd_k said:
that field is a mess. guys are a slipping on both sides. I'm pleasantly surprised how the Bears played the 1st half but that last drive by the Saints must have really given them some confidence. I've stopped screaming at the tv, hopefully the lead doesn't get any smaller to so I can remain calm.

Good game plan by Lovie. Pound it.

I'm not sure it matters who wins this game. I have three letters for all of the Bears, Saints, and Packers fans...

A-F-C

Sorry, the league my Bengals (Bungles) are in won't get beat by your Pop Warner teams.

idkid said:
I'm not sure it matters who wins this game. I have three letters for all of the Bears, Saints, and Packers fans...

A-F-C

Sorry, the league my Bengals (Bungles) are in won't get beat by your Pop Warner teams.

I recall similar talk about the American League in Baseball last year or Ohio State this year & USC last year... That's why they play em.

todd_k said:

You can't really see it on TV, but it's snowing pretty steadily here.

Man, I loved that game! Go Bears!!!!

I'll tell ya, I went into this week thinking the Bears had a tiny shot at maybe eeking out a victory against the Saints, but the more I listened to The Score (WSCR AM670), the more I started to drink the kool-aid. A few points they hammered home:

1. The Saints have 6 losses. The Bears have 3. So no way, no how, can you expect the Saints to dominate. They're a 6-loss team.

2. There are FOUR, not two, 1st round draft picks in the backfield (Bush, McAllister, Jones, and Benson).

3. The Bears practiced outside, the Saints practiced inside... oh and look! It's wet, nasty, and snowing outside!!!

4. The Bears have the better D... no question. And linebackers will be the ones who are plugging the holes being made for the runningbacks.. and who's got the better LB's?

5. Over 50% of the Saints' passes go for less than 10 yards. That means the safeties are only there for mop-up duties. Short passes, again, are best defensed by a team with better LB's.

6. Prior to this game, dome teams were 0-9 in NFC Title games.

After all that, I just didn't see why people were so high on the Saints... But now, for the Superbowl, all bets are off... it's gonna be a heck of a game!!!

Toot said:
Man, I loved that game! Go Bears!!!!

I'll tell ya, I went into this week thinking the Bears had a tiny shot at maybe eeking out a victory against the Saints, but the more I listened to The Score (WSCR AM670), the more I started to drink the kool-aid. A few points they hammered home:

1. The Saints have 6 losses. The Bears have 3. So no way, no how, can you expect the Saints to dominate. They're a 6-loss team.

2. There are FOUR, not two, 1st round draft picks in the backfield (Bush, McAllister, Jones, and Benson).

3. The Bears practiced outside, the Saints practiced inside... oh and look! It's wet, nasty, and snowing outside!!!

4. The Bears have the better D... no question. And linebackers will be the ones who are plugging the holes being made for the runningbacks.. and who's got the better LB's?

5. Over 50% of the Saints' passes go for less than 10 yards. That means the safeties are only there for mop-up duties. Short passes, again, are best defensed by a team with better LB's.

6. Prior to this game, dome teams were 0-9 in NFC Title games.

After all that, I just didn't see why people were so high on the Saints... But now, for the Superbowl, all bets are off... it's gonna be a heck of a game!!!
It's all mute. The Colts are going to win. ;)

Back