BCS460 and flash buzzer wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayoujeeper

Reaction score
I am getting real close to wrapping up the planning stages of my bcs-460 build and need to order the last few parts. I would like to incorporate a flashing buzzer into my build, something like this:
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_33&products_id=215
How would I wire this into my panel? My panel is 120v (actually dual 120v). I would assume I would need a SSR just like I need one for each of my elements and pump and just wire it like a pump (SSR being controlled by output of BCS)? or can it be wired directly from the BCS output bypassing a relay/SSR? Anyone have one in there build and maybe have a schematic I could look at? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The only output you can get from the BCS (to my knowledge) is 5v DC. With that said, you would have two options:

1. The method you have mentioned with a small amperage SSR and a 120v AC buzzer like you've shown. Automation direct also had a variety of these in continuous and pulse buzzers.

2. Go with a 24v DC buzzer (either Auber or automation direct) and use a DC-DC booster to get from 5v DC to 24v DV. This might be slightly cheaper but not by much.

As for how to control it within the BCS, there is no alarm output. What you'll likely need to do is have an "alarm" process. When your step reaches its exit condition, you could have it spawn the "alarm" process.

Then, you'll either need an intermediate step that kills the "alarm" process or you'll have to kill it manually (just like turning the alarm off through the GUI).

Back