BCS Tripel/Dubbel lagering question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hogwash

Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing either the Tripel or Dubbel from Brewing Classic Styles but I do not have the ability to lager the beer as the recipes recommend. My basement, however, maintains a low 60s temp year round so it's not like they would be stored hot. How much will NOT lagering these styles affect the taste?

Technically, lagering just means storing. As it relates to lagers, that typically means storage at close to freezing temperatures.

Your basement temps will be fine for either of the ales you mentioned. Get the beer off the yeast after 3-4 weeks ( I've gone as long as 6 with no ill effects) and rack it for storage. Package when you choose.

I made Jamil's tripel last year and stored it in a keg in the basement for 5 months before tapping. It tastes great!

Cheers

Cool, i kinda figured it wasn't THAT important but was curious to see if others had any experiences to share.

Latest posts

Back