Bayou Classic - first it started with surface rust

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlkWater_brewer

Reaction score
In April I acquired, in a trade, a brand new Bayou Classic 10 gal brew kettle, it had all the bells and whistles and I used for one extract brew and then went back into all grain. Now it severed as a hot water tank. Well I noticed what appeared to be some surface rust around the base of the pot. It cleaned right off so no problem......... until I started heating the water for my mash tun. I noticed a small leak right where the rust had been. Contacted Bayou Classic and they wanted pictures of the leak, easy I put a flashlight in the pot and took the picture with no flash so three specks of light are clear as day. Then they said I needed the receipt which I don't have. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I used J B Weld and patched the original holes but have since found 2 other holes in the weld seem. So much for turning it into an electric kettle.

Back