Bayou Classic Banjo Cooker MFG quality

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vasie

Reaction score
I recently order the Bayou Classic Banjo Cooker, the one that puts out 210,000 BTUs, and was very upset to find that the cook surface isn't level. It is bad enough that I wouldn't trust it to support a large pot--my 5.5 gal pot "wiggles." It supposedly will support a 120-L/30 gal pot!

I called them up and they sent me another unit and they told me that they were going to send a FedEx slip so I could ship it back for free--I was very pleased to hear it. After a week, when I was starting to wonder if they were going to mail me the slip, a new unit was delived, but no Fedex slip. So for the time being, I have two of them. I figure I will take a hammer to one and see if I can work it into a level surface. It is going to be a challenge to level it, though; this burner is very study, 30 lbs of iron beastlynes!

Has anyone else had a problem with this product? Does this company have a quality control problem or am I just unlucky?

vasie said:
I recently order the Bayou Classic Banjo Cooker, the one that puts out 210,000 BTUs, and was very upset to find that the cook surface isn't level. It is bad enough that I wouldn't trust it to support a large pot--my 5.5 gal pot "wiggles." It supposedly will support a 120-L/30 gal pot!

I called them up and they sent me another unit and they told me that they were going to send a FedEx slip so I could ship it back for free--I was very pleased to hear it. After a week, when I was starting to wonder if they were going to mail me the slip, a new unit was delived, but no Fedex slip. So for the time being, I have two of them. I figure I will take a hammer to one and see if I can work it into a level surface. It is going to be a challenge to level it, though; this burner is very study, 30 lbs of iron beastlynes!

Has anyone else had a problem with this product? Does this company have a quality control problem or am I just unlucky?

I ordered the exact same cooker as you did, and mine was level. Not to say they never made a bad one, but I'm satisfied with what I ordered.

vasie said:

You're complaining about a company that sent you a new unit when you informed them of a manufacturing defect? Sounds like a good company to me!

Latest posts

Back