Battle of the Album Covers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looked cool, I had no audio tho. I'll try it at work tomorrow. (and thanks for the show prep. :rockin: )

Ize

EDIT: I just watched it again even tho I had no sound. It's a pretty good piece of work. Of course I consider album art a lost art, and there are some good covers. And with the exception of a small few, (Eminem and Nirvana jump to mind) the majority were released when vinyl reigned. :rockin: :rockin:

Ize

Truly... Remember Zeppelin 3? How abou the Stones "Sticky Fingers" with the working zipper? Hendrix's Electric Ladyland? Rick Wakeman had a cool one with " Look at Yourself" where you put a roll of aluminum foil in the middle of the album cover and the picture came together in the reflection. Jane's Addiction's " Nothing's Shocking" cover was neat. How about all the Iron Maiden albums ?

Where has the good art gone?:confused:

sudsmonkey said:
Truly... Remember Zeppelin 3? How abou the Stones "Sticky Fingers" with the working zipper? Hendrix's Electric Ladyland? Rick Wakeman had a cool one with " Look at Yourself" where you put a roll of aluminum foil in the middle of the album cover and the picture came together in the reflection. Jane's Addiction's " Nothing's Shocking" cover was neat. How about all the Iron Maiden albums ?

It's in Sir Sudster's gallery!

sudsmonkey said:

LOL The Zipper and the Gardening Wheel! (that's what LZ III was really supposed to resemble, they never were really happy with the cover) Zep was all about being a PITA to the music industry. They really drove Atlantic crazy with IV. No writing whatsoever on the cover at all. Not even that catalog #. Physical Graffiti at the time was the most expensive album cover ever created. Won a Grammy for it unless I'm mistaken.

I still have my vinyl. One of my faves is the original "Street Survivors" from Lynyrd Skynyrd. Original cover had the band surrounded in flames standing in the middle of a street. After the plane crash of course this was AMAZINGLY bad taste, so they took the back cover and made it the front.

Nazareth had some cool covers for a while as well...

Ize

I didn't realize that Natereth made it as far as Illinois. AC/DC had some good covers. High Voltage being one of them. Judas Priest ! There were some fine covers ! Sad Wings of Destiny, Rocka Rolla,and the one with the warrior on it. Can't remember the name. Molly Hatchet had some good ones. I also liked Green Day's Dookie album cover.
Let me go ahead and say that Zeppelin's fourth album was a fine one. The old guy with the sticks on his back wasn't much to look at, but the inside of the album was cool. You could smoke things and look at it. Didn't matter who's house you were at. We all had it.

Back