Batch colonized by fruit flies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDocND

Reaction score
So this is gross. I have 1.5 gallons of sour Belgian dubbel bulk aging on jolly pumpkin dregs that I check once a month. I guess between moving, having a baby, and being busy at work, I guess I a) didn't notice a small crack in the lid of the fermentor and b) didnt look at it for 2+ months.

I noticed some crap around the airlock and some dead bugs on the lid so I cracked it open. Smells amazing. Too bad there's a little ecosystem of little hatchlings on the inside of the lid and some larvae floating in the beer. I know everything in there is dead, but i just can't bring myself to bottle this one. Really pisses me off.

Now in tryin to figure out how to dispose of it without having to really look at it anymore, clog a toilet, or make my yard smell like sour beer.

That sucks. Toilet is where we don't our fermenter trub. Would not like to smell the yard after dumping it there.

Latest posts

Back