Barrel Culture Brewing and Blending

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did anyone try this line-inducing fruit juice? Thoughts?

It's really good carbonated fruit juice. As expected there was no funk, but they were clean without off flavor and the acidity levels were tame. I liked everything I tried.

The release went pretty well considering it was their first run. Bottle pickups couldn't have been easier and the lines for draft looked worse than they actually were. They have a nice space there in Durham...they just need some outdoor seating and it will be a great destination brewery.

The bottle share in line was pretty damn fun...finally got to tikk pgh_penguins!

So did anyone try this line-inducing fruit juice? Thoughts?

Huge fan of everything, the free Answer joose pours was a nice bonus. I didn't have any issues with the lines, getting pours, or bottles.

There are a few things they could do better, but it was one of the best releases I've been to and it was only their first release/opening.

TLDR: would bang again/10

Also, wuntrikpony is a pretty cool dude. Sorry if I was a drunk mess.

100% accurat

ps. when you coming back up this way?

I'll try to pop by for a visit sometime this fall, August is packed with beer travel and then I need a break. May need homebrew supplies at some point though. If someone from here other than me drives I might make it sooner.

Will try to make the next Barrel Culture event if the schedule works. Only thing I'm assuming I have planned for October is a trip to Tampa for the Goober release at Garagiste.

Membership emails going out (started yesterday, and I think they indicated they'd all by out by tonight). I got one, anyone else on here in?

Love speculative joins

tumblr_m7xsxgu0Vn1rzhv5ho1_500.gif

How did they select who gets in? First come first serve? They never really said. Were they just cherry picking names from emails?

Newmoney Carolina shitlords (mostly from Charlotte from what I can tell) are already working these bottles hard on the secondary/raffle Facebook pages and trade groups.

Charlotte and Rock Hill, and yea its disgusting (not the beer, haven't had the beer yet).

Ya **** that ****. I’m all about ovefruiting berliners to make them taste/look wacky, but that is just adding corn syrup, artificial flavor, and color to beer.
agreed. But its fine, they're pretty open about being what they are, and I'm sure they will sell plenty of this. People don't like actual beer in 2017 anyway.

Store brand Kool-Aid and bottom shelf vodka are cheaper than that ****. I guess you can't pretend to be a Sophisticated Sour Beer Drinker if you take that route, though.

Anyone planning to attend the member's party on Friday next week? If you're coming from out of town, some of us are looking at an AirBnb and may have room for a few more people.

Should be there around 6 today with the lady. I guess it’s cool to bring bottles...I’m just having a hard time finding something to bring that isn’t an overly fruited AWA. Not enough life in the cellar.

Anyone going to the member night tomorrow that could do a pickup for me and a few others? wuntrikpony caaam NClambicguy pgh_penguins others? A few of us still haven't got bottles 3 & 4, but at this point unless it's not a big inconvenience I'm prepared to just call them a loss.

Member night is Saturday but if you need a pickup tomorrow I’ll be in the area and can help you out. Will get some glares from the wife and have to bring an infant along, so some thank you beers wouldn’t suck. How did you guys miss bottles 3 and 4 but get 5-8?

Member night is Saturday but if you need a pickup tomorrow I’ll be in the area and can help you out. Will get some glares from the wife and have to bring an infant along, so some thank you beers wouldn’t suck. How did you guys miss bottles 3 and 4 but get 5-8?

Can definitely get you some thank-you beers at some point. Basically we'd missed 3/4 and when we picked up 5-8, none of the main guys were there and the only person working knew where the 5-8 bags were, but wasn't sure about the 3/4 bottles.

Back