Bar Shuffle Board...........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewagentjay

Reaction score
Anyone know any bars in Alabama or Atlanta who have it.........

Metal disks slid down 15ft finished wood board with lines and numbers on each end...uses sand or something for traction and has gutters all the way around............

I loved this game at a local micro brewery in Greensboro NC called Red Oak.....

I think they might have went into mass production or are almost there but that damn game was awesome along with battlefield dark brew.........:rockin:

Sand???? That's the cheese! Never heard it called sand around here, but wiki says it's sand in some places (actually silicone). Most "old timer" bars have a table around here.

now this would be cool in the basement
220px-TableShuffleboard_withBankboard.JPG

Sand???? That's the cheese! Never heard it called sand around here, but wiki says it's sand in some places (actually silicone). Most "old timer" bars have a table around here.

now this would be cool in the basement
220px-TableShuffleboard_withBankboard.JPG

Yeah but that board is shuffleboard style. The one i want has rows of dots if I recall correctly with 1 2 and 3 black dots on both ends. So close.:rockin:

I played this once. I've only seen it once. I sucked at it, but it was fun!

Isn't the board concave? I could swear the board I played on was concave or whatever the opposite of concave is.

I love that game... There's a huge bar in DC off of Dupont Circle that has about 20 of those tables in a pay-by-the hour format.

My uncle has a full-size one of these in his basement. His basement is also three times the size as my apartment and he has multiple BMWs, so I haven't looked into getting one myself.

The brewpub that I spent way too much time in has a table. Its not in the greatest shape but its fun to play. I don't play it much because I will get into it and spend hours playing.

Well glad to see I'm not alone in liking this game.........now just need to find a bar with it here in Birmingham Area.

If you're ever down in the Gulf Shores area there is a local dive bar a little off the beaten path that has one. It's back on Canal Road (Highway 180) in Orange Beach. I use to wait tables on the coast every summer and we'd hit up this bar all the time. The name escapes me, but I do remember them serving me when I was 18/19 years old and having many long nights playing shuffleboard. Go a mile or so east past Orange Beach Blvd and it's a little shack on the right. In all likelihood Ivan probably took it out a few years ago, but it's worth a shot if you're down that way on vacation.

Well glad to see I'm not alone in liking this game.........now just need to find a bar with it here in Birmingham Area.

If you ever find one in Birmingham please let me know! When I start my new job next month I'm going to be spending at least 4 nights a month in Birmingham, it would be good to have find a nice place to unwind at after a long days work.

I play shuffleboard every Thursday night here in Delaware. The main places that I have found them in are older hole in the wall bars that still have them left over from the 70s
& 80s where they used to have leagues. Look into the APA - American Pool Association. See if they have any leagues around you. There's a good chance that places that host pool leagues might still have a table around to shuffle!

I played it at a bar once in Colorado, and I enjoyed it so much I even considered building my own table. Alas, for many reason (a suitable location being high on that list), I did not. If there was one nearby I'm sure I would be a regular. It was a blast.

I play shuffleboard every Thursday night here in Delaware. The main places that I have found them in are older hole in the wall bars that still have them left over from the 70s
& 80s where they used to have leagues. Look into the APA - American Pool Association. See if they have any leagues around you. There's a good chance that places that host pool leagues might still have a table around to shuffle!

Where do you usually go?

I bought my 9' Olhausen here:
They have a local store in Des Moines.
They have Shuffleboard tables there too. In fact they tried to sell 2 of them to me for $3000 a few months ago.
Was gonna split it with a buddy... Got the room! But not the cheese! :(

Back