New bar, new 4 tap keezer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nudarkshadowl

Reaction score
Well, to make a long story short, the wife and I just moved into a new house and it had a room I was able to make a bar/brew room!
It originally had carpet so the first thing I did was rip out the carpet and tack boards, and then undercut the base boards. Spent the following couple days installing some Pergo XL Hand scrapped coffee hickory.

Next I needed a new Keezer, the unit I chose is a 8.8 Cu/ft GE. One night after too much homebrew, I had a dream of a copper keezer with brass perlicks and handmade tap handles. The first step in my process after ordering all of my equipment, was to turn my first tap handle on an old wood lathe my dad had and gave me. The result was this:

Capped it off with a cool cabinet handle and a little copper cog I got from Hobby Lobby:

Next was the keezer build!
I found this product called Alsa FX Sheeting that is a really thin piece of metal sandwiched between two really thin pieces of laminate so it wont patina and it is scratch resistant. I decided to make the collar out of some scrap wood I had and then sheeted it in the matching hardwood, drilled out my four tap holes and cut out a hole for the Love TS2 and outlet.

here is a picture of the material:

On to the pictures!
Brass flush mount drip tray sunk in a shelf and wrapped with the same copper material as the keezer:

Mounted to the keezer:

Outside outlet box houses the Ts2 wiring/box:

Collar was insulated of course, and the 4 secondary manifold was installed. Regulators are independent of one another so I can force carb kegs while still serving others:

Need to clean this up a bit, but wired 2 pc fans to a 12 volt AC phone charger. Circulates the air wonderfully and there is no temp. stratification from top to bottom of the keezer:

ANNNNNDDDD BOOM! A BAR! Perlicks are the tarnish free 525s if i recall correctly.

Got my raspberry pi with PIR motion sensor installed and modified to my liking:

My logo in copper I designed in Photoshop cs4:

Put a small TV in and had Directv put in a genie box, had these prints made on canvas (skull is from BBC's modernized Sherlock for those wondering)

upclose of "wheat" decorations:

stainless mini keg growler:

Badass Skull clock:

FIRST POOR!

Have Edison bulb string lights strung around the ceiling and a dimmer switch on it so I can control the brightness of the room.

Also have a stereo with a Bluetooth adapter so I can play my "bar" playlist while sitting at the high top. :rockin:

There is also a fermentation chamber in the room, but it is currently housing a 5 gallon bucket full of my Blackberry Basil Wheat beer.

Overall was a really fun project to tackle, and its still not quite done (need to make three more tap handles) and do some finishing work around the baseboards. As it is now though, the Dark Shadow Brewery/Bar is open for business! :tank::mug:

Really great work, I like every aspect of this build. I imagine you will spend a fair amount of time there.

Really nice work man. Enjoy that space - I know I would.

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments guys! The fan's are a great idea I stole from someone else's build. Really simple and easy to do, but wonderfully effective. Next up is a pnuematic bottle capper! This hobby is way to fun!

Very nice! i especially like that tap handle.
How do you have the pir working with raspberrypints? I've been interested in doing that myself.

Back